The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

353413750_670177141792014_3976699050902150594_n.jpg

Beasley & Odom? Tell me you don’t know ball without telling me you don’t know ball. If you think he’s peaked @ 22 then no one is fitna convince of anything else.

The Thibs narrative is tired as well. Go somewhere w/ that off base drivel.

Again- show me something concrete that indicates he’s as good as you two claim.

The Thibs narrative is based in fact. You two are just stating opinions of the untrained eye.

storm2006 storm2006

Again- show me something concrete that indicates he’s as good as you two claim.

The Thibs narrative is based in fact. You two are just stating opinions of the untrained eye.

storm2006 storm2006

My sentiment regarding RJ Barrett not being the worst contract of the bunch was based on the fact that he is durable and if they decide they want to move forward without him then the contract is moveable and could bring back more value than the other guys. A large reason why a team would be willing to trade for him is because. of...his PERCEIVED potential. And it's not just my belief that his contract is very moveable or that he has potential.

SOURCE: https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/new-york-knicks-trade-rumors-rj-barrett-general-manager-offseason

RE: Tradeable contract.
Speaking with Sean Deveney of Heavy.com, a general manager from the NBA's Eastern Conference seems to believe that RJ Barrett would be included in any marquee trade the Knicks potentially enact this offseason. Barrett is coming off an underwhelming season after inking a four-year, $120 million extension that served as a de facto consolation prize when the Knicks were unable to land Donovan Mitchell in a trade with the Utah Jazz.

RE: Potential.
The return in any such Barrett deal would have to be big considering his potential as the third overall pick of the 2019 draft. The exec said that the Knicks are aware of the implications and would be willing to "keep RJ and maybe try to move him next summer if he does not take that step forward.”
If the Knicks are going to trade Barrett, it perhaps should only be for an established, bonafide superstar that helps thrust the team into the Eastern Conference's penthouse. Buyer's remorse may linger for the time being, but Barrett's lingering potential may be too vast and his contract too heavy to give up on after one down year.

So again - whether you think he can or cannot make another leap is up to you based what you see and I respect your opinion. However, it is clear that folks in NBA circles haven't given up on him and do see potential. Meanwhile, you expressed concern over MPJ suffering a significant injury during his contract. Ben can't be moved because he is a triple single guy that doesn't even have it on defense anymore. As soon as the Warriors postseason run ended all these rumors of trading Poole started popping up. Then as discussed earlier, Beal has the Wiz in hell with with his contract because of the NTC+trade kicker and he is one of the top paid players in the league for play-in, probably lottery team (that is without KP and Kuz).

Who y’all got for tonight? Nuggets taking both in Miami or the Heat evening up the series again?
Think I'm leaning Nuggets. Last time I didn't think they would take both on the road they did so

There's always a good chance Heat shoot like crazy again but we'll see

I’m shocked he couldn’t package 3 of those picks for a really really really good player.
A late 1st round pick and 2 2nd rounders doesn't really net you anything. Roster filler role players. They still have 3 1st rounders in '24,'25 and '26.

walk-out-walk-away.gif

Stephen A. gotta be one of the most indefensible dudes on television. Giving Jerry Jones a pass. Spewing flat out incorrect narratives (Jokic's post game a few days ago). Now saying he's not endorsing Chris Christie but basically endorsing Chris Christie.

I bet someone showed him that 60 second clip of Christie packing up Rubio from the previous debate cycle and it got him excited because it reminded him of himself so he decided to tweet this :smh:

Back
Top Bottom