The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

1686346817517.jpeg
He needs mental training reality

Nuggets just too good. Top down, knew it was over when I heard Perkins pick the Heat on PTI the other day
Miami though, as soon as you write them off they pop-off.
Last game I thought they had it and they stayed home, their last two Wins(1 vs BOS and 1 Vs DEN) I would have bet the house they'd lose, and they won.
It's the belief in them via the public that kills them.
As long as we write them off, they have a shot.

how long before the "will Anthony Edwards decline the max rookie extension" talk?

Antman just bought a $4MM+ custom home in Minnesota per NT sources on the ground in the area. He isn’t going anywhere :lol:

I do wonder if he has any chance at all NBA next season because that could bump him up to 5/$244 from 5/$205 (last I saw)

My sentiment regarding RJ Barrett not being the worst contract of the bunch was based on the fact that he is durable and if they decide they want to move forward without him then the contract is moveable and could bring back more value than the other guys. A large reason why a team would be willing to trade for him is because. of...his PERCEIVED potential. And it's not just my belief that his contract is very moveable or that he has potential.

SOURCE: https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/new-york-knicks-trade-rumors-rj-barrett-general-manager-offseason

RE: Tradeable contract.

RE: Potential.

So again - whether you think he can or cannot make another leap is up to you based what you see and I respect your opinion. However, it is clear that folks in NBA circles haven't given up on him and do see potential. Meanwhile, you expressed concern over MPJ suffering a significant injury during his contract. Ben can't be moved because he is a triple single guy that doesn't even have it on defense anymore. As soon as the Warriors postseason run ended all these rumors of trading Poole started popping up. Then as discussed earlier, Beal has the Wiz in hell with with his contract because of the NTC+trade kicker and he is one of the top paid players in the league for play-in, probably lottery team (that is without KP and Kuz).

Man I asked for concrete and you pulled up an anon “source” 🤣.

RJ is not that guy.

I’ll be sure to remind you of this in 2024.

RJ is not that guy.

And your solid analysis w/ concrete evidence led you to Beasley?

Why should any1 waste time gathering concrete evidence for such a project like yourself?

Write it down, pin it, screenshot; whatever’s your pleasure 🌽

RJ is not that guy.

What the hell? :lol: I am not a Knicks fan nor have I ever advocated for RJ Barrett as a basketball player in my life. I simply said that I found it intriguing you thought 5/$180MM for someone who you believe will have a significant injury during the life of that contract is better than 4/$120MM for a durable guy that is viewed as having potential and is viewed as tradeable. I haven’t even commented on how good he is or isn’t. I have specifically talked only about his contract which I don’t believe is bad.

I wouldn’t have even said anything if you didn’t say “Simmons followed by Barrett” or bring up that you thought MPJr. would have a significant injury over the next four seasons. It was the logic that genuinely intrigued me which led to my post, not the RJ Barrett’s abilities.

There will be no need to address me in 2024 whether he takes a leap or regresses.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Both teams know the stakes, but the Heat need to win. Will that help or hurt dunno but I feel like this will be close at the end. And then it’s up to playmakers.

Back
Top Bottom