The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Blaming your injury on coming off the bench is wild and something I don't think I've ever heard before :lol: :lol:
It's Russ, that is enough right there. I never thought a team would buy in (forced) to box out for a player to get his rebound numbers, for multiple seasons, but yet there we were.
:lol: at Russ being a professional athlete that doesn’t know how to warm up or be ready in different situations…Him being coddled all those years x his lack of self awareness lead to the nastee outcome now :smh:
Blame that coddling on the NBA, Jordan Brand, Nike, OKC front office brass and The Big O wanting a pay day and to be relevant again.

Steph was really impressive last night and he was just doing drill work. The shimmy fade and up and under on AD was nasty fr. If he can stay healthy all year they’re winning 65+
Steph game ages so well. His ability to move without the ball and being a constant threat is amazing to watch. Shooting was a bit off, but he was still putting pressure on lakers defense

Bruh, this is idiotic. Let’s just move on.
Let's not because the equivalent being drawn is offensive and would only be done by someone who never actually had to deal with the conundrum of not sounding too "ethnic" for the dominant culture and not sounding too assimilated for your own.

Me taking offense at Chet Hanks' terrible accent should not be met with snide hypotheticals about me knowing simple ******* SAT words. A supposed ally should do better, especially when being told exactly how to do better by the people they claim to be allied to. Inauthentic use of AAVE or any other vernacular is in no way identical to code switching or sounding white.

Let's not because the equivalent being drawn is offensive and would only be done by someone who never actually had to deal with the conundrum of not sounding too "ethnic" for the dominant culture and not sounding too assimilated for your own.

Me taking offense at Chet Hanks' terrible accent should not be met with snide hypotheticals about me knowing simple ****ing SAT words. A supposed ally should do better, especially when being told exactly how to do better by the people they claim to be allied to. Inauthentic use of AAVE or any other vernacular is in no way identical to code switching or sounding white.
Well said — and I completely agree. Talking to this dude we might as well talk to a wall, though. He’s not getting it and isn’t making an attempt, instead is getting defensive and redirecting the conversation to **** that doesn’t even matter/is completely irrelevant.

Me taking offense at Chet Hanks' terrible accent should not be met with snide hypotheticals about me knowing simple ****ing SAT words. A supposed ally should do better, especially when being told exactly how to do better by the people they claim to be allied to. Inauthentic use of AAVE or any other vernacular is in no way identical to code switching or sounding white.

Yep! Very well said.

Once again, darthska darthska was WILDING. Big tripping. Smh

Back
Top Bottom