The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he's clearly a great player but does anyone genuinely believe Jokic is the best player in the league?

This reminds me of Russell Westbrook or Karl Malone winning MVP. Everyone knew LeBron and Jordan were still the best players in the league. Jokic is still young and early in his prime. There's a realistic possibility that he wins 4-5 MVPs and is in the Jordan, LeBron,Bill Russell category as far as MVP wins but no one genuinely thinks he is on the level of those players. It's weird.
It's not the best player in the league award... It's the most valuable player award. The Jazz wouldn't have been one game from the conference finals without Malone like the bulls were without MJ... Same thing with Westbrook... Thunder are a lottery team without him that year. Yes, you can say that's the case for most great players but again it's the most valuable award not best player award. Steve Nash was never better than Kobe, Dirk, Tim Duncan, or KG in their primes but he was the most valuable player on the best offense in the most elite offense at the time.

20230216_160331.jpg

Intradesting...This was such a popular sentiment at the time too.

Funny how that narrative goes out the window for certain players

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers But when I said it, I was wrong.

He is though. You take the worst of the worst and say it’s the whole scope. How about i tell you I got 2 youngins playing for a coach that’s running an 11 man rotation in the first quarter. And the team doesn’t press. Kids playing that can’t guard me.

There’s good and bad in AAU. Same with European development. Same with high school basketball. AAU ain’t the boogeymen though. We still produce the best talent and do the best skill development

Wonder why Jokic doesn’t suffer from voters fatigue 🤔

It’s almost like they shouldn’t have given Jokic one when Nuggets were 6th…

Now the voters have backed themselves into a corner…

For the record Russ didn’t deserve him MVP either.

Last edited:
This is a 5 paragraph essay. What have I missed with Twitter?

Edit: oh you can buy the checkmark & get added features

Supposed "Genius" Elon Musk is going out of his way to ruin it.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea for him to allow users to have more characters. The whole point of Twitter and what differentiated it from other social media platforms 1. Speed and 2. Conciseness. You had to shorten your message because you only had 140 characters, the platform wasn't meant for people to post articles.

I guess Elon had to introduce new features to users in order to justify them paying the monthly fee but I'm not a big fan of this.

He is though. You take the worst of the worst and say it’s the whole scope. How about i tell you I got 2 youngins playing for a coach that’s running an 11 man rotation in the first quarter. And the team doesn’t press. Kids playing that can’t guard me.

There’s good and bad in AAU. Same with European development. Same with high school basketball. AAU ain’t the boogeymen though. We still produce the best talent and do the best skill development
Was this not still always the case long before AAU?

02F4015A-A5A7-4BBD-BDB9-FFC1BC7F6104.jpeg

Pretty interesting considering harden missed a month

Also the gap between #1 and #2 is bigger than #2 and #15

Only 35 games played together

Back
Top Bottom