The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

Jayson Tatum shooting 38% for his career was a shock to me, had to go look that up. Last two years make sense to me at 35 & 36%. The shot quality has definitely gone down with all the step backs he takes.

also turns basketball which used to be a low barrier of entry sport into a sport with financial barriers.
This I wholeheartedly agree with. I don't like this aspect about basketball, its kinda becoming a rich kid sport. All sports are trending this way. But that's capitalism

The amount of basement dwelling virgins online these days is alarming. Cats really lusting over 50 year old, past prime cheeks. When I see posts like this, I have no doubt in my mind that these cats don't mingle with women in real life... I'm referring to the reddit posters, not yourself.
Treating women as people that don't lose their value after a certain age is virgin behavior? I think you've got that backwards.

D3CC12D9-BCAC-4634-B0BD-FA45D41479AD.jpeg

Looks like the jersey is a good fit. 35 returns.

🙏 1st rnd exit for the storybook 🙏

West playoffs needed matchups for maximum intrigue/viewing pleasure:

Denver vs LA Lakers
Memphis vs GS
Phoenix vs LA Clippers
Dallas vs Sacramento

Lol come on man. These are grown men

Expound please. Always down to learn. I am sure you're in this at a deeper level than I am.

I’m saying the elite kids never pay for a thing. Like zero. It’s always been this way. Your average kid with no future past high school is still playing for free for his school or playing low level AAU tournaments that aren’t taxing you like that. These low level non shoe programs be having bake sales and car washes to cover expenses (nothing out of the ordinary for any non sport program trying to make moves.)

You don’t need to rent facilities to get nice at the game. Pickup ball is still free.

Of course there’s some nasty adults exploiting kids but that’s in literally everything from basketball to pageants.

I’m not that close to it now, but from what I do know, I don’t think youth basketball in the US is that much different structurally from when I was a kid 35 years ago in terms of how the most talented players establish themselves against everyone else. The bigger difference is to me is the level of exposure of it all due to social media.

I’m saying the elite kids never pay for a thing. Like zero. It’s always been this way. Your average kid with no future past high school is still playing for free for his school or playing low level AAU tournaments that aren’t taxing you like that. These low level non shoe programs be having bake sales and car washes to cover expenses (nothing out of the ordinary for any non sport program trying to make moves.)

You don’t need to rent facilities to get nice at the game. Pickup ball is still free.

Of course there’s some nasty adults exploiting kids but that’s in literally everything from basketball to pageants.

AAU isn't benefitting youth basketball in any way though. It's not helping players fundamentally, It's just a money grab. It's all about trying to create a mixtape, running on the court doing headtaps, and telling your opponent he's "too little".

Youth basketball in America as a whole would be better without it. Kids don't need to be playing competitive full court basketball all year long. Got 16 & 17 year old's blowing their knees out on the regular because they think they have to compete in every single circuit in the summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom