The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

AAU isn't benefitting youth basketball in any way though. It's not helping players fundamentally, It's just a money grab. It's all about trying to create a mixtape, running on the court doing headtaps, and telling your opponent he's "too little".

Youth basketball in America as a whole would be better without it.

Again this is not true. The best of the best are playing against each other in circumstances that wouldn’t happen in a normal high school setting. AAU allowed a no one like Tracy mcgrady go from getting asked to play as a favor to becoming the #1 player in his class. Shaedon sharpe just did the same thing. I don’t care about the by product of the game. Big difference between being the man at your school versus being the man in your city. Listen to these knuckleheads pods and they tell you how important AAU ball has been to their careers.

Again, AAU lets you know exactly how good you are. Shoe circuit or not. Marcus Garrett played local his whole AAU career, never had a mixtape and ended up at Kansas plus a stint in the league. I don’t care about 10 year old AAU, those kids don’t count. Youre too young to be sounding like Austin rivers.

1676653328047.gif

i know theres levels to this and we may have to modify the question, but for the sake of a conversation

would yall rather do 6 months in jail or have to pay $100,000 fine (upfront, no payment plan)

Yet another win for MJ the 🐐 is that he never ducked the Slam Dunk contest smoke.

I felt and still feel a bit robbed by LBJ.

Back
Top Bottom