The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

This is what I hate when it comes to the convo surrounding Rudy. Numbers/stats/spreadsheets always favor big men and that seems to be their only argument. What do your EYES tell you?

Jaden and Ant were way more impactful last night making it tough for Luka and Kyrie while Gafford and Lively have been eating. I have SEEN dozens of defenders in my life that are better than Rudy so the scrutiny comes with the territory if you are a 4x DPOY

This is what I hate when it comes to the convo surrounding Rudy. Numbers/stats/spreadsheets always favor big men and that seems to be their only argument. What do your EYES tell you?

Jaden and Ant were way more impactful last night making it tough for Luka and Kyrie while Gafford and Lively have been eating. I have SEEN dozens of defenders in my life that are better than Rudy so the scrutiny comes with the territory if you are a 4x DPOY
Rudy passed the eye test last night to me. I still don't like some of the defensive schemes MN is using, but overall he had a helluva game.

1. Boxscores stats like PER favour big men, on court off court stuff doesn't favour any particular position.

2. My eyes tell me they are having problems scoring with Gobert on the court and they are having issues defending with Gobert off the court.

I'd rather have a switch C like Bam vs the Mavs but that's a match up based not about how good Gobert is.

3. 4x DPOY is a matter of timing,
who would you prefer won it this year?

AD? Jokic cooked him and the Lakers defense was bad this year.

Wemby? Jokic cooked him and the defense was bad the first part of the year when he was playing PF.

Bam? Jokic cooked him in the finals. Got roasted by Boston.

Miss the days of Bron, Steph, and KD. We out here arguing about Rudy errday :smh:
Almost wished we got a Knicks and Celts series

Back
Top Bottom