The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

I'm really not going to like this dude when he's our HC.
1717020512582.jpeg

And JJ is not as smart as he think he is. I have a feeling he takes all his points from NBA Twitter and hoop forums like RealGM and Insidehoops. Ive been on there for years and ive seen him literally take talking points from other posters/researchers.

I don't like JJ because mainly he went to Duke, and he was crazy annoying

He plumbers comment was hyperbolic but his general point was reasonable

It is status quo for older players and the older people in the media to **** on modern players without an ounce of pushback

For a while now I have been tired of the old white guy complaining about modern NBA players, which comes off a lot like thinly veiled racism at times

So I appreciate JJ for returning the energy

JJ's playing time has just made him really unlikeable. So anything annoying he does now people have little patience for him

It is status quo for older players and the older people in the media to **** on modern players without an ounce of pushback

For a while now I have been tired of the old white guy complaining about modern NBA players, which comes off a lot like thinly veiled racism at times

JJ's playing time has just made him really unlikeable. So anything annoying he does now people have little patience for him
IMG_2396.png

ninjahood ninjahood

Boys was shooting on double rims. JJ could never.

Dude didn’t become a full time starter until he was 30 years old after being a lottery pick. NBA history will be written without Redick

Black players have complained too… we know all US sports would be different if black players were allowed to play from their inception. Across the board.

Baseball, basketball, football, etc. stats would be a completely different

JJ Redick is lucky. Should’ve been playing hockey. This man called people plumbers and firemen… as if HE isn’t that.

He’s the reason guys like Luka, Bron, Kawhi, and Kyrie get super max contracts.

Coaches literally point him out as a mismatch:lol: :lol:

IMO just about every era of basketball is underrated at this point.

- You have the 90's and early 2000's legends who have transitioned to commentary constantly ****ting on modern players.
- You have young people who have no context for 60's 70's, 80's basketball ****ting on the legends of the sport.

the reality is the greats of any era would be able to play in any era.

Black players have complained too… we know all US sports would be different if black players were allowed to play from their inception. Across the board.

Baseball, basketball, football, etc. stats would be a completely different

JJ Redick is lucky. Should’ve been playing hockey. This man called people plumbers and firemen… as if HE isn’t that.

He’s the reason guys like Luka, Bron, Kawhi, and Kyrie get super max contracts.

Coaches literally point him out as a mismatch:lol: :lol:
Black players are just being good old fashion haters. That is it

They think they are better players, played a harder game, so they take shots at the new generation

That I can understand. That is normal response

What I am talking about is the stuff you here from Mad Dog types about how players back in the day played the "the right way", had better attitudes, loved the game more because they made less, and use some unspecific criteria to claim older generations had better morals.

Black players are just being good old fashion haters. That is it

They think they are better players, played a harder game, so they take shots at the new generation

That I can understand. That is normal response

What I am talking about is the stuff you here from Mad Dog types about how players back in the day played the "the right way", had better attitudes, loved the game more because they made less, and use some unspecific criteria to claim older generations had better morals.

IMG_2399.png

IMG_2398.png

ninjahood ninjahood

I do wish that younger players were forced to play with 1960's rules once.

- No 3 point line,
- smaller paint
- Strict carrying rules, (hands must be on top of the ball, palms down at all times)
- strict travel rules, (no euro steps, nothing that looks weird)

I think if they had to do that one they'd understand why older players dribbled and moved as deliberately as they did.

IMO just about every era of basketball is underrated at this point.

- You have the 90's and early 2000's legends who have transitioned to commentary constantly ****ting on modern players.
- You have young people who have no context for 60's 70's, 80's basketball ****ting on the legends of the sport.

the reality is the greats of any era would be able to play in any era.
And it’s a unique thing to basketball too. People are lining up to bad mouth guys like Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron, Johnny Unitas and **** Butkus, Gordie Howe, etc.

I don’t get why generational bias is so ingrained with basketball fans and commentators.

And it’s a unique thing to basketball too. People are lining up to bad mouth guys like Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron, Johnny Unitas and **** Butkus, Gordie Howe, etc.

I don’t get why generational bias is so ingrained with basketball fans and commentators.

basketball always been the sport of the youth so i think it naturally just respects what's young and cool.

in a way more conservative sports like football and baseball don't.

This thread been call players from that era plummers and family men way before JJ lol where’s that gif of Cousey dribbling that’s always floating around here? lol

I do wish that younger players were forced to play with 1960's rules once.

- No 3 point line,
- smaller paint
- Strict carrying rules, (hands must be on top of the ball, palms down at all times)
- strict travel rules, (no euro steps, nothing that looks weird)

I think if they had to do that one they'd understand why older players dribbled and moved as deliberately as they did.
I agree as well. Dealing with 1960s racism and slurs would be difficult as well. Imagine hearing players drop slurs and hear da crows us da racist slur too.

Back
Top Bottom