The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

4-5-6 seeds of Suns, Clippers and Warriors gonna be fun to monitor with the Kings solidifying themselves as the 3 seed.

Gonna be some funny business to end the season.
Kings will definitely get a chance to earn their respect :lol: The 6 seed will be coveted

I wouldn't say Kawhi or PG are trending towards washed category and it's not necessarily that they are the problem in leading the Clippers to a championship. The Clippers are 78-33 when Kawhi and PG play. The problem is that they have only played 111 games together through 3.75 seasons.

Lets say they are both healthy in a weak West when the playoffs start.

You trust PG and Kawhi today to get your team past the 1st/2nd round? I def dont anymore.

I thought the whole idea to cutting the cord was for consumers to save $. All these services stacked probably amounts to more. And they're not as user friendly as regular cable. TF is we doin?

Corporate greed bro. These cable channels (NBC/Peacock, ESPN/ESPN+ ABC/HULU, CBS/Paramount+, hell even BET/BET+,etc.) are about to put traditional cable services like Xfinity and FIOS out of business. EYE always was a fan of bespoke cable services because most folks only watch a limited # of channels. However, like you said the way these networks are going about it, I am not sure how it will work for some folks based on their TV and it's technology, how many TVs they have in their crib that are using the services, etc.

a Kings team with a bunch of youngins who have played losing ball the majority of their career & is horrible on defense..... Very high probability they gettin packed up first round :lol: nice story tho

Lets say they are both healthy in a weak West when the playoffs start.

You trust PG and Kawhi today to get your team past the 1st/2nd round? I def dont anymore.

The ONLY reason I can't definitively yes is because this season more than ever is going to be about matchups and path to the Finals. KD being added midseason to a middle of the pack Suns, GSW being a lower seed because of Steph's injury, if Lakers make it they'll be a lower seed because of LBJ's injury.

There are a lot of wrinkles to the standings. We talk about Nuggets having no excuses but potentially having to play Suns, LAC or GSW in the second round :sick: That might be tougher matchup than having to play the winner of the 2/3 matchup if it does end up being Memphis vs. Sacramento.

LMFAOOOO at Bringing in James Harden to Mentor a young team :lol:

No baby mommas. Regular season MVP. Max contracts. Endorsements. Gym rat. Navigates the nightlife without getting into trouble; sounds like everything you need from a vet.

Don’t have to be a champion to be a mentor. Plus that team needs to learn how to win regular season games before anything.

I thought the whole idea to cutting the cord was for consumers to save $. All these services stacked probably amounts to more. And they're not as user friendly as regular cable. TF is we doin?

The most accurate prediction about anything I've ever made is in the cord cutting thread.

This was always going to be the end game.

Another prediction;

We will start to see streaming services hit a ceiling interm of subscription price.

But once the market consolidates and we are down to only like three 3 big streaming networks.

The prices will go up again,

Lakers lost about 8 games this year where they were up 6 or so with a minute or two left and lost. Multiple of those were buzzer beater losses or missed multiple free throws at end that resulted in OT that lead to losses.

Team as bad as it has been could easily have been 5th seed with comfortable lead.

Had we made the Indiana trade to start we coulda been there assuming rest of west stayed exactly as is

But team is cursed.

The cable companies was gon get their bread one way or another :lol: :smh:

Instead of just paying $180 a month for cable they killing you with a thousand $9.99 a month cuts…The only difference is you get to pick what you want to subscribe to now instead of them throwing whatever they want in a cable package

No baby mommas. Regular season MVP. Max contracts. Endorsements. Gym ray. Navigates the nightlife without getting into trouble; sounds like everything you need from a vet.

Don’t have to be a champion to be a mentor. Plus that team needs to learn how to win regular season games before anything.

God Bless :lol:

No baby mommas. Regular season MVP. Max contracts. Navigates the nightlife without getting into trouble; sounds like everything you need from a vet.

Harden def has a good group of people around him to navigate strategically.

But has any young player out of all the teams Harden has been on, credited Harden for anything? Genuinely curious if theres been a quote somewhere.

Harden def has a good group of people around him to navigate strategically.

But has any young player out of all the teams Harden has been on, credited Harden for anything? Genuinely curious if theres been a quote somewhere.

What young player has he ever played with? He’s been in win now mode for like 10 years.

1677699296386.png

1677699358906.png

What young player has he ever played with? He’s been in win now mode for like 10 years.

He's been on 5 teams in 12 years. There's gotta be a few.

You hear young players credit the Derrick Roses, Malik Rose, Haslem, Duncan etc that come to mind.

Never heard anything about James Harden being a leader.

Off the top of my head, Harden had Capela and Trezz in Houston, Cam Thomas in Brooklyn. He's got Maxey under his wings now.

Rockets are better off bringing in a Derrick Rose (who every Knick credited in his tenure here), getting rid of the toxic players (KPJ), and then handing out 1-2 year deals for random role players that'll get you to 30-35 wins

Do what the Pistons tried to do this year, but Cade went down.

Back
Top Bottom