The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

I always find it interesting how Jokic stans make it a point to spam the guy's statlines all regular season long but whenever Himbiid dominates him(for the 2nd time now) they pivot to how the regular season doesn't matter.

Edit: not talking about NT.. just the discourse I see on the internet in general
same thing goes for any player with fanboys. Lebron stans for example.

I always find it interesting how Jokic stans make it a point to spam the guy's statlines all regular season long but whenever Himbiid dominates him(for the 2nd time now) they pivot to how the regular season doesn't matter.

Edit: not talking about NT.. just the discourse I see on the internet in general
Embiid dominated jokic? That's not accurate imo. Both players had great games and played to their strengths.

Embiid scored and did his thing, 41 pts 10ast, and jokic had 25 and 19 boards. He only had 3 assists, but that's due to the way the sixers played him.

As dominant as embiid was scoring, jokic was equally dominant on the glass.

Both of the last 2 meetings between jokic and embiid were in Philly as well.

Without going into conspiracy theories as to why embiid didn't play in last years late season matchup in Denver, I'll just say that being at home vs. on the road matters a little bit.

It was a 5 point game and if the nuggets win by 5, I wonder how the narrative changes...?

Embiid dominated jokic? That's not accurate imo. Both players had great games and played to their strengths.

Embiid scored and did his thing, 41 pts 10ast, and jokic had 25 and 19 boards. He only had 3 assists, but that's due to the way the sixers played him.

As dominant as embiid was scoring, jokic was equally dominant on the glass.
If a guy drops 40+ on you and takes over the game when it matters then yes he dominated you ... You playing well doesn't negate the fact that he outplayed you.

If a guy drops 40+ on you and takes over the game when it matters then yes he dominated you ... You playing well doesn't negate the fact that he outplayed you.
If you think embiid scored all those points vs. jokic as opposed to other defenders as well, then you didn't watch the game.

And you didn't say "outplayed" you said "DOMINATED"

"dominated" isn't accurate

419490413_952985839523839_7119364537448234450_n.jpg

Jokic is the more complete player on offense for sure, but I think a large part of what allowed Jokic to get over the hump and not Embiid is that his teammates have consistently showed up more often than not, especially compared with Embiid. The Sixers are relying upon Tobias Harris (who was good last night tbf, kept them in it during the early 4th), to be a third option. I just think Philly hasn't done the best job of putting the right pieces beside Joel. Nuggets have basically the perfect squad around Jokic for him to do what he does.

When embiid/Jokic both came in the game at the 4th quarter tied…

One guy took over and the other didnt

Pretty sure embiid scored 10 straight

Jokic is the more complete player on offense for sure, but I think a large part of what allowed Jokic to get over the hump and not Embiid is that his teammates have consistently showed up more often than not, especially compared with Embiid. The Sixers are relying upon Tobias Harris (who was good last night tbf, kept them in it during the early 4th), to be a third option. I just think Philly hasn't done the best job of putting the right pieces beside Joel. Nuggets have basically the perfect squad around Jokic for him to do what he does.
Like SVG said last night... "It's always somebody else's fault. They ran Brett Brown off, then it was Ben Simmons, then it's doc Rivers. But, embiid averages less points, less assists and less rebounds in 9 games last year shooting 46% and 28% from 3."

Fwiw, I believe that brown, Simmons and doc were big parts of the issues in Philly. So no hate from me.

The other guy averaged basically a triple double en route to a championship. (On high efficiency ratings)

Maybe jokic has a better supporting cast, but embiid has to play better when it matters most.

No Stan here, both players are great. The stats don't lie though.

Embiid needs to start with putting up MVP level numbers in the playoffs.

Regardless of his teammates production.

Typical great embiid game last night only for a BS clip from brick muse from a past game to get posted LOL

Post clips from last night at least

So his teammates are good enough to allow him to play at an MVP level in regular season, but then it’s their fault that he becomes a shell of that come playoff time?

Come on :lol:

In the playoffs its a complete diff ball game with defenses and a smaller court

Hed be getting double/tripled team passing out to guys who constantly bricked in doc offense

Doc had him constantly in the post up with noone cutting

Just keep same energy this playoff run. Im watching all the talking :rofl:

Dang it was a 4 pt game when I went to sleep. Figured the Thunder would lose but it'd be a possession game. SGA low key played kind of selfish, was gambling on D and had tunnel vision. I thought he should have sat anyways or sat for the Lakes if he wanted to play in this one due to the trade and all of that. Hopefully he sits the next 2. The Thunder, since that Boston game where everyone noticed and was ready to crown, has been pretty underwhelming.

Their turnovers %, which is admittedly the reason they are OKC with being small and one of the worst rebounding teams in 20 years, is 11% since then which would be dead last. SGA and JDubb are both especially handsy and reachy, seems to be some variance and regression to the mean on that working.

Kenrich Williams as the backup 5 isn't working anymore either. Used to be a huge + but it's kind of a liability now. Ous only played 5 minutes so that's fine at least we went away from him, put up a straight cardio statline. Should be about 260 minutes on the season so 4 and a half hours of play time on the season with 0 blocks. Streak to track. Chet gotta get more than 5 boards in 30 minutes too.

Back
Top Bottom