The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

You can’t tell the differences between Bezos n Kyrie ? …Is it easier to make a big deal out of 1 person tweeting something he didn’t have to or going after AMAZON ? :lol:

Kyrie not a victim in this, he wanted to get involved in all that n that comes with clash n consequences…coulda been chillin like the rest of the dudes in the league
So he gets no flack cuz he’s Bezos? Lol I guess

The NBA is a profit seeking enterprise

Like nearly all privately owned sports leagues

Expanding globally helps their bottomline

European football leagues do the same thing

Teams do US tours, they sign US TV deals

The NFL is doing amazing domestically. They still play games overseas.

Global interest increase your customer base makes money.

No one's third eye needs to be open to see the basic business calculations taking place

Congrats

You should buy her the black Hebrew Israelite documentary Kyrie was peddling for your anniversary

We all know black women have a high interest in engaging with buffoonery
1724697775335.gif

Did he bring it up on himself? Yes

Mans didn't wanna just shut up and dribble

People just blinded by money and will do/excuse anything for it
He tweeted when he was a joe tsai employee, of all people
He then proceeded to go and sign with the Dallas mavericks now property ofbthe very pro israel miriam adelson and didn't say or haven't done anything about Palestine (that we know of) all damn year. Like, he demonstrated less testicular fortitude than his ex Kehlani.

Fluid you're my guy but kyrie not the hero you and himself seem to think he is.

He tweeted when he was a joe tsai employee, of all people
He then proceeded to go and sign with the Dallas mavericks now property ofbthe very pro israel miriam adelson and didn't say or haven't done anything about Palestine (that we know of) all damn year. Like, he demonstrated less testicular fortitude than his ex Kehlani.

Fluid you're my guy but kyrie not the hero you and himself seem to think he is.

Plus a bunch of likes and and mentions on Social Media, I can't find it anymore, but he accepted Palestine related gifts while getting into the bus or leaving games....That's all he can do without getting into trouble with the higher ups.

.That's all he can do without getting into trouble with the higher ups.
Come on :lol:. Without getting in trouble with the higher ups? He absolutely can say/do more. This is a choice that Kyrie has made to protect his own business interests as well. He’s not a freedom fighter.

we have to normalize not everyone being an activist.

I think Kyrie is doing the right thing staying quiet, and sticking to largely symbolic gestures.

he's clearly not informed enough about it to talk about it.
he'll probably say something stupid and generate more toxicity. that would only hurt the palestinian cause.

sometimes it's okay to shut up and dribble.

Come on :lol:. Without getting in trouble with the higher ups? He absolutely can say/do more. This is a choice that Kyrie has made to protect his own business interests as well. He’s not a freedom fighter.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. Lot's of people in the media and entertainment industry lost their jobs for calling for a ceasefire.
  • Marc Lamont: fired
  • Mehdi Hassan: got his show cancelled for no real reason
  • Susan Sarandon: Dropped by her agency for her stance against the genocide
  • Melissa Barrera: Dropped from Scream
  • Maha Dakhil
  • Bella Hadid was dropped by Adidas just for being Palestinian
The list goes on and it's an even longer list for non Celebs. If you really think they can freely speak without repercussion, then there's an educational workshop that needs to happen.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. Lot's of people in the media and entertainment industry lost their jobs for calling for a ceasefire.
  • Maha Dakhil
The list goes on and it's an even longer list for non Celebs. If you really think they can freely speak without repercussion, then there's an educational workshop that needs to happen.

I mean all those situations are more complicated then you make it seem. :lol:

You can call for a ceasefire. It's fine.

we have to normalize not everyone being an activist.

I think Kyrie is doing the right thing staying quiet, and sticking to largely symbolic gestures.

he's clearly not informed enough about it to talk about it.
he'll probably say something stupid and generate more toxicity. that would only hurt the palestinian cause.

sometimes it's okay to shut up and dribble.

You really don't need to be an expert to know what an apartheid and a genocide is. It's unfortunate that basic human rights is now controversial.

You really just said to shut up and dribble :lol:

I mean all those situations are more complicated then you make it seem. :lol:

You can call for a ceasefire. It's fine.

Come one man...that's been the convenient excuse for decades now stating that "it's complicated". It's so much harder to justify that "it's complicated" when you see it directly from the people who live there. Unfiltered by the media here.

This is the most documented yet the most denied genocide because people are complicit or are just willfully ignorant.

Last edited:
  • Maha Dakhil
If he really feels he's the leader/free thinker/whatever he thinks he is, the fear of repercussions should be insignificant or better yet, a badge of honor.
The people you listed, and then some (don't even get me started on regular shmegular civilians), knew what they faced and did it anyway, proudly too. He's arguably richer than all of them and somewhat more scared than lil Melissa Barrera :smh:

You really don't need to be an expert to know what an apartheid and a genocide is. It's unfortunate that basic human rights is now controversial.

You really just said to shut up and dribble :lol:

theres a bunch of celebs who have called for a ceasefire. they didn't get clapped.

the people you named all had different baggage that led to them getting fired.

Marc was hanging with Farrakhan, and then said "river to sea" at some conference which at the time the phrase was more controversial.

Susan Sarandon was doing some sexual assault trutherism and in response to concerns about anti semitism right after oct 7 said jewish people "are getting a taste of what it feels like to be muslim"

Melissa Barrera reposted some stuff the people interpreted as "jews control the media" right after oct 7th.

point is as an athlete you can totally call for a ceasefire its fine.
just don't do other weird stuff.

This is the most documented yet the most denied genocide because people are complicit or are just willfully ignorant.

yah unfortunately things are more complicated than that.

If he really feels he's the leader/free thinker/whatever he thinks he is, the fear of repercussions should be insignificant or better yet, a badge of honor.
The people you listed, and then some (don't even get me started on regular shmegular civilians), knew what they faced and did it anyway, proudly too. He's arguably richer than all of them and somewhat more scared than lil Melissa Barrera :smh:

All fair points. I do wish he could do more as well but I am not going to fault him for not speaking up more. I will focus that energy on guys like DJ Khaled who is absolute coward :lol:.

But for real, I will just continue to support artists like Maclemore rather than focusing on who's not speaking out. If the masses show support, the hope is that it will encourage others to join in.

Back
Top Bottom