The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

He tweeted when he was a joe tsai employee, of all people
He then proceeded to go and sign with the Dallas mavericks now property ofbthe very pro israel miriam adelson and didn't say or haven't done anything about Palestine (that we know of) all damn year. Like, he demonstrated less testicular fortitude than his ex Kehlani.

Fluid you're my guy but kyrie not the hero you and himself seem to think he is.
Never said he was my hero :lol:

theres a bunch of celebs who have called for a ceasefire. they didn't get clapped.

the people you named all had different baggage that led to them getting fired.

Marc was hanging with Farrakhan, and then said "river to sea" at some conference which at the time the phrase was more controversial.

Susan Sarandon was doing some sexual assault trutherism and in response to concerns about anti semitism right after oct 7 said jewish people "are getting a taste of what it feels like to be muslim"

Melissa Barrera reposted some stuff the people interpreted as "jews control the media" right after oct 7th.

point is as an athlete you can totally call for a ceasefire its fine.
just don't do other weird stuff.

yah unfortunately things are more complicated than that.

And Kyrie has baggage. So even calling for a simple ceasefire when you are Kyrie will hurt. I don't want to justify his silence, but it's understandable.

An illegal occupation is not complicated. An apartheid is not complicated. It's funny when it's from the Arab side, like a fake rumor about beheaded babies spread like wildfire and was used to kill countless Palestinians it's not complicated.

But when there's actual video evidence and prosecution of IDF raping inmates and literally illegal chemical weapons being launched from Israel, then, sure it's complicated and we should all stay quiet. Shut up and dribble, right?

Where did I display any antisemitic sentiment bozo?
You contrarian ***** *** can't comprehend the difference between anti-zionism and antisemitism but wanna be the "critical thinking and reading comprehension" authority.

Oh and suck my ****
I really dislike how slippery the slope has become with people throwing out antisemitism onto someones personality smh.

All fair points. I do wish he could do more as well but I am not going to fault him for not speaking up more. I will focus that energy on guys like DJ Khaled who is absolute coward :lol:.

But for real, I will just continue to support artists like Maclemore rather than focusing on who's not speaking out. If the masses show support, the hope is that it will encourage others to join in.
I'm all the way with you on that: I'll never urge no Black man to go and jeopardize everything he's worked his entire life for. Bruh saying he's "Chief", Muslim and "big Black israelite" tho, I'm just saying the math ain't mathing 🤷🏾‍♂️

Plus a bunch of likes and and mentions on Social Media, I can't find it anymore, but he accepted Palestine related gifts while getting into the bus or leaving games....That's all he can do without getting into trouble with the higher ups.

im not saying kyrie can do more or less
but not everyone can be muhammad ali and i don't think anyone ever will be

no one i see in the current sports landscape will put their career, their money their own life on the line like he did, and thats just facts

And Kyrie has baggage. So even calling for a simple ceasefire when you are Kyrie will hurt. I don't want to justify his silence, but it's understandable.

An illegal occupation is not complicated. An apartheid is not complicated. It's funny when it's from the Arab side, like a fake rumor about beheaded babies spread like wildfire and was used to kill countless Palestinians it's not complicated.

But when there's actual video evidence and prosecution of IDF raping inmates and literally illegal chemical weapons being launched from Israel, then, sure it's complicated and we should all stay quiet. Shut up and dribble, right?

i think Kyrie knows if he starts talking at length about isreal palestine hell say something dumb that will get him in trouble.

imo its a good move to not talk about it.

if he was more disciplined and less silly, he could call for a ceasefire and it would be fine.

You initially said they are trying to go global and I responded with they been global, it’s nothing new

Then you posted tv ratings here (which doesn’t really mean struggle in 2024 btw) to show it’s “levels” and didn’t address my original post

You just started following the league or something? :lol: …They been global since Stern had the vision over 20 years ago, you can say 30+ with the way folks talk about the impact of the OG dream team around the world

Now if you wanna say they aren’t as big as soccer that’s fine but no they are not “trying to go global”, they already are …The international market for the NBA has already been established and is growing

I said levels because the NBA is the equivalent of the Great lakes and Soccer is the Pacific Ocean. NBA players are not household names globally outside of players like LeBron, Curry, Kobe, NJ

I promise you if travelled outside the country and showed a pic of Dwade or Bosch, most people wouldn't be able to name them

I'm not sure if you are trolling or not. Lot's of people in the media and entertainment industry lost their jobs for calling for a ceasefire.
  • Marc Lamont: fired
  • Mehdi Hassan: got his show cancelled for no real reason
  • Susan Sarandon: Dropped by her agency for her stance against the genocide
  • Melissa Barrera: Dropped from Scream
  • Maha Dakhil
  • Bella Hadid was dropped by Adidas just for being Palestinian
The list goes on and it's an even longer list for non Celebs. If you really think they can freely speak without repercussion, then there's an educational workshop that needs to happen.
Marc Lamont hill being the first name that you list is very unserious, but Kyrie has nothing to do with anything on this list. When you work for someone, then there’s always potential repercussions for things that you say while representing others. Kyrie’s issue isn’t being able to speak freely. His issue is that he’s largely uninformed about the things that he’s used his platform to speak about that got him in trouble.

I said levels because the NBA is the equivalent of the Great lakes and Soccer is the Pacific Ocean. NBA players are not household names globally outside of players like LeBron, Curry, Kobe, NJ

I promise you if travelled outside the country and showed a pic of Dwade or Bosch, most people wouldn't be able to name them
tbh the only (active) soccer stars who are globally known are ronaldo and messi
but globally i don't even know if lebby is known like that.
soccer influence is different

SmartSelect_20240826_130136_Chrome.jpg

What I miss?

So the top 5 players in the world are all foreign and Bron isn't top 5 after what we just saw in the Olympics?

Those were the top 5 players in the NBA last season :lol:

2K ratings are garbage now. Always kinda been - but it’s more of a marketing tool now.

I def used to be heavy on operation sports and downloading sim rosters and **** back in the day. What a time that was

NBA CITIES RANKED
NYC
LA
the rest really don't matter TBH
For a city with the highest rent in the country, seems like NYC has turned into a cesspool of immigration-influenced violence and retail theft so bad all the stores have closed/left. At least if you let some of the MAGA-ts tell it

Back
Top Bottom