The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

I don't know if they're doing this on purpose or not but the PER leader has won the last 7 mvps

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.36.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.37.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.37.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.38.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.38.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.38.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 3.39.02 PM.png

I’d get rid of the MVP and just call it the “Regular Season Player of The Year” award.

The award is literally called the Regular Season MVP award.

They’d probably fix it, with a “Playoff MVP” award. And that’s essentially what they have now, with the Eastern Conference Playoff MVP (‘22-Tatum) & Western Conference Playoff MVP (‘22-Steph)

the goal post move every year regarding the MVP award been saying it

its clear as day

It's a combination of individual numbers, team success, but the impact that a storyline has on the MVP race is very much underlooked. Remember, it's the Media who vote and they're all about storylines.

all ima say is

jokic being -360

Giannis/Embiid being +700

is wildly disrespectful lol

Embiid still plays both of them 1 more time - just wait on it

last year all the voters said main reason embiid lost was because he lost that national televised game vs jokic and right after lost to Giannis

this year when embiid beats them both to finish the season lets talk bout it

all ima say is

jokic being -360

Giannis/Embiid being +700

is wildly disrespectful lol

Embiid still plays both of them 1 more time - just wait on it

last year all the voters said main reason embiid lost was because he lost that national televised game vs jokic and right after lost to Giannis

this year when embiid beats them both to finish the season lets talk bout it

I hope so.

Either that or we get to watch a 3 peat MVP winner not make it to the Finals for the 3rd season in a row and it be ok cause it's a "ReGuLAR SeaSoN aWaRD"

He got to play dumb and hope silver will accept his story. Say he did not pack his own suitcase and his assistant handles that for him.

Like many said, he is probably cooked and will get suspended. Who knows? Maybe, he wants to do some nba time to show he is down
It all boils down to a) how did the gun and he end up in Denver together. If they find he had it in the jet, he’s cooked and/or b) did the league know about him having it in the first place.

Reference

He was #10 last week and it was great to see. Now he jumped to #9 and we posting lol
On3 had him at 26 previously, ESPN has him at 28 and 24/7 has him at 34.

I think the 10 that you may be referring to is the ESPN draft guy said don't be surprised when Bronny is ranked top 10 and lo and behold.

It will look weird in hindsight if Jokic wins three MVP's in a row without much real team playoff success but Embiid has been a worse playoff performer. Or what if they vote Giannis and the Nuggets end up winning the championship?

It will look weird in hindsight if Jokic wins three MVP's in a row without much real team playoff success but Embiid has been a worse playoff performer. Or what if they vote Giannis and the Nuggets end up winning the championship?

Embiid has been comparable if not better than Jokic in the playoffs in his career. How did you reach this conclusion?

Is it because Embiid catches more heat when Philly loses in the playoffs? If so then I agree he does catch more slander and that is my main problem.

Jokic is 21-27

Embiid 22-22

Back
Top Bottom