The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

not sure how it's silly. what were the Suns doing with Booker as the team's leader pre-CP3? Sure, he was putting up All Star numbers but the team was finishing in 10th-15th place. That NBA first team didn't come until '22, with CP3 playing some of his best hoop.

their development trajectories are different. Book was given the keys to the Suns' franchise by his 2nd or 3rd year, while Poole had to sit behind Steph and Klay. it's hard to earn that supermax and get onto an all nba team coming off the bench for two HoF.

Poole could very well end being the same player Book was during his first five years with the Suns.
You are seriously trying to argue here that Booker and Poole are the same level of player?

So if the choice were both dudes at 23, you would be indifferent between the two?

So then tell us, if their trajectories are different, how more years until Poole is a top 15 player. And one of the best guards in the league?

Skylar-Diggins-PUMA-Hoops-Reflection-1.jpeg

Skylar-Diggins-PUMA-Hoops-Reflection-2.jpeg

Skylar-Diggins-PUMA-Hoops-Reflection-3.jpeg

Skylar-Diggins-PUMA-Hoops-Reflection-4.jpeg

1695368831711.png

Skylar Diggins-Smith x PUMA TRC Blaze Court NU
Color: Frosted Ivory
Style Code: 378986-02
Release Date: September 25, 2023
Price: $120

You are seriously trying to argue here that Booker and Poole are the same level of player?

So if the choice were both dudes at 23, you would be indifferent between the two?

So then tell us, if their trajectories are different, how more years until Poole is a top 15 player. And one of the best guards in the league?

obviously they're not the same level of player currently. it's also impossible to determine what kind of player jordan poole could have turned into by now if given the same playing time and opportunity to develop that Book was placed into after being drafted. of course i'm taking 23 year old book over 23 year old poole.

but is it conceivable that poole could be a 25/6 type player next year at the age of 24? absolutely. he'll likely put up these numbers on a bad team. but it goes back to, isnt't this exactly what Book was doing with the suns pre-CP3? and i legit can't recall but was was Book widely considered a top 15 player and one of best guards in the league when he was 23?

obviously they're not the same level of player currently. it's also impossible to determine what kind of player jordan poole could have turned into by now if given the same playing time and opportunity to develop that Book was placed into after being drafted. of course i'm taking 23 year old book over 23 year old poole.

Poole was on a championship team and got a large contract, he was in a better position than Booker at 22. He was asked to play defense and not make dumb mistakes. He refused. And he was so entitled he pissed off the entire organization, and they gave up on him. So what now, you wanna argue the Warriors stunted Poole's growth?

but is it conceivable that poole could be a 25/6 type player next year at the age of 24? absolutely. he'll likely put up these numbers on a bad team. but it goes back to, isnt't this exactly what Book was doing with the suns pre-CP3?

So the criteria for Poole in DC is to be as good as Booker was at a younger age?

You want the comparison for an over-23 Poole to be an under-23 Booker. Because Booker had the freedom Poole didn't have?

Then you attribute Booker's post-23 improvement to CP3 arriving.

So you are discounting Poole being in a winning situation, and discounting Booker alleviating his game in one.

and i legit can't recall but was was Book widely considered a top 15 player and one of best guards in the league when he was 23?

The Suns were a borderline playoff team the year before CP3 came. People were talking about Booker needing to set up and get the Suns to the playoffs. Not about him simply putting up numbers.

And I am asking you again. If the freedom of being on a losing team is so great for development, where exactly does Jordan Poole's trajectory take him in the future? When does he get to where Booker is now?

Since the trajectories are simply different. If they are similar, when does he reach Booker's current level? Because by your logic, he is in a better position to grow than he was before.

And may I remind you, that the reason Booker became regarded as a better player is because his defense improved. On a losing team, Poole is definitely about to lock in on that side of the ball too, right?

Last edited:
Poole was on a championship team, got a large contract, he was in a better position that Booker at 22. He was asked to play defense and not make dumb mistakes. He refused. And he was so entitled he pissed off the entire organization, and they gave up on him. So what now, you wanna argue the Warriors stunted Poole's growth?

Vets that played with Booker comment about how he well he responded to being held accountable. He got CP3 as a teammate and was one of the few people that actually liked playing with him.

Why are you acting like Booker was in such a better position to thrive in his early years?

So the criteria for Poole in DC is to be as good as Booker was at a younger age?

You want the comparison for an over 23 Poole to be an under 23 Booker. Because Booker had the freedom Poole didn't have?

Then you attribute Booker post 23 improvement to CP3 arriving.

So you are discounting Poole being in a winning situation, and discounting Booker alleviating his game in one.

And where was all this talk last year then Poole was doing dumb ****? All I mainly heard was about how he would turn it around.

The Suns were a borderline playoff team the year before CP3 came. People were talking about Booker needing to set up and get the Suns to the playoffs. Not about him simply putting up numbers.

And I am asking you again. If you are acting like the freedom being on a losing team is so great for development, where exactly does Jordan Poole trajectory take him in the future. When does he get to where Booker is now.

Since the trajectories are simply different. If they are similar, when does he reach Booker's current level. Because by your logic, he is in a better position to grow that he was before.

And may I remind you, of the reason Booker became regarded as a better player is because his defense improved. On a losing team, Poole definitely about to lock in on that side of the ball too, right?

it’s possible for two things to be true at once. Book’s game could develop while on a bad team, and continue to improve and look better when put next to CP3 and more competitive roster.

it’s hard to say what Poole could turn into until he’s given the chance to do as a #1, which he’ll get to do in Washington. Could his defense get better? i’m betting on yes, because ****, it couldn’t get worse.

i’ve said it in a post a few days ago, it’s probably better for poole that he got traded. he got his ring, which he played a role in winning, and now he’ll get his chance to run a team. his entitlement towards the end of last season was insufferable but it probably had to do with the draymond altercation. prior to that, the vets rocked with Poole. players on the dubs have said Poole’s work ethic was only second to Steph’s.

it is what it is. he might be in a different jersey but i still believe in the poole party.

Riiight....

Gilbert is a clown type dude for sure, don't take me saying this as a defense of him.

But this idea of THAT being the (hell one of any of the) reason(s) his teams never won anything is wild. Those teams were generally 2nd rounders at best that also played in the East vs. LEbronze. There was never high expectations for then.

I know you know that so I won't dwell on it anymore.

Gilbert is a clown type dude for sure, don't take me saying this as a defense of him.

But this idea of THAT being the (hell one of any of the) reason(s) his teams never won anything is wild. Those teams were generally 2nd rounders at best that also played in the East vs. LEbronze. There was never high expectations for then.

I know you know that so I won't dwell on it anymore.
In the 2006 6 game series against the Cavs he played 47 minutes a game and averaged 34 pts on 46/44 shooting :lol:

Next season he missed the playoffs and they got swept by Cleveland.

2008 he missed almost the whole year and tried to come back for playoffs but was a shell of himself and they lost in 6 again.

Lillard has three years + an option left on his deal. What's the rush for Portland?

That being said, he'll be traded to Miami before media day.

He doesn't want to be there, and other teams are never gonna give up real assets for a player who's made it clear he doesn't want to play for their franchise. I just don't see any positives for them or Dame in waiting.

Then with the fines for sitting healthy players, you then have to worry about playing him and an injury occurring

Back
Top Bottom