The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

45 minutes in and enjoying this.

:lol: Actually Listening to these 2 cornball for almost 2 hrs
It’s fun to be pessimistic on the warriors in 2023-2024. I know.

But you all love counting them out. A core of 7-8 guys who know how to play basketball this season are coming in fresh. And Steph curry is on that team.

The idea that they can’t jump out to a good start, as being comedy is funny to me. But oh well! Y’all never get tired of being wrong
Steph is 35 and his durability is declining.Team ain’t good pleighboi.

That's what happens when an organization hires an idiot for a GM.

Warriors stay playing "Smurfball" and this will only lead to early playoff exits for the once proud franchise who continues to fail to adapt to the times.

Every elite contender has IMPACT BIGS and CENTERS on their roster. The Warriors have 6'9" Looney, who ain't even a real center, and he's the only "big man" they have besides another undersized big in Draymond.

It won't be long til Klay, Kerr, and possibly even Steph leave GSW. I give it 2 years and they will blow up that core.

Never count out the Dubz but Steph is the only reliable guy on that team. Klay is very on and mostly off, Wiggins will miss a ton of games and is very inconsistent, Dray isn’t the player he once was and his real value is in the playoffs not the regular season. Father Time has caught up with Chris. He can only give you short bursts. Kerrs Team USA adventure shows he needs certain talent to win. As much as people hate on Poole him and Steph carried them to that last championship

(Kerr hates Kuminga) :lol:.
He threw him in the bushes during the regular season AND during the playoffs. The kid demanded a trade in the offseason. You going to really tell me that everything is good there?
I mean, seriously. Look at y’all right now :lol:. I get being down on them, because they are an aging core…but they’re right there.
Right there for what exactly? They finished 6th last year and are a year older and relying on CP, who also can’t stay healthy. Plus got smoked by a 7th seed Lakers team in R2. You been talking “number 5 on the way!”, so that was the expectation I’m basing it on. If it’s just to make the Top 4-5 and win a round in the playoffs, then sure that could happen again.

The problem with cp3 is he has no rizz in the locker room. He makes opps with the gang gang and they treat him like an npc halfway thru the season. Ngl but this season is just a side quest for him to take drip from Steph. No cap

IMG_2763.gif

REPORTED!

We are not meant to understand these kids, same way our parents didn’t understand a lot our interests. It’s a fact of life.

Y’all sounding old as hell in here, ong

The problem with cp3 is he has no rizz in the locker room. He makes opps with the gang gang and they treat him like an npc halfway thru the season. Ngl but this season is just a side quest for him to take drip from Steph. No cap

As much as I would like to poke fun at the youth, I really can’t because I was young once too. We had our own vernacular and style back then too.

I just thank the Lord I wasn’t a young adult in the Cash Money/Hot Boyz era. Definitely would have copped the gas guzzling Expedition/Navigator/Expedition with the quickness along with so much other junk from that era :lol: :smh:

Tiers of the west:
Nuggets-Suns-Lakers
Warriors-Clippers-Kings-T'Wolves
Mavericks-Grizzlies-Pelicans-Thunder
Rockets-Jazz
Blazers-Spurs
Those 2nd/3rd tiers have a lot of overlap, IMO. Might even bump Grizz up and move Kings/Clips down. Tempted to say the same with NOP but I just can’t fully trust Zion. Those tiers are just close.

He threw him in the bushes during the regular season AND during the playoffs. The kid demanded a trade in the offseason. You going to really tell me that everything is good there?

Right there for what exactly? They finished 6th last year and are a year older and relying on CP, who also can’t stay healthy. Plus got smoked by a 7th seed Lakers team in R2. You been talking “number 5 on the way!”, so that was the expectation I’m basing it on. If it’s just to make the Top 4-5 and win a round in the playoffs, then sure that could happen again.

If they’re a top 4 team, and capable of winning a round…with a more playoff ready roster. I love their chances.

Let’s be realistic on their ceilings here. They have one of the 3 best players in the league. One of the best coaches, and a core with continuity and chemistry. Plus emerging young talent. You know, the Kuminga thing COULD WORK. Not like we haven’t seen it before. Especially with players growing. He and moody will be better. Which is a plus. Klay seems to be back now. Steph is Steph (stay as healthy as possible). And Draymond is declining (real issue). It is not absurd to think this team is a conference finals team. And when there, I like their chances against the field.

Say what you want about cp3, but he’s proven he’s more of a positive…up until a certain point. You take your chances with that. He just has to be a vet and do the little things. He’s more than capable of adjusting.

None of what I’m saying is really crazy. You’re betting on the aging core to not make it, and Kerr-Kuminga to not work, and Draymond Cp3 to not work. That’s a lot of hypotheticals.

I’m betting on the professionals and 4x champs, who won 24 months ago.

Bro, I hated to be wrong about them last year when I had picked them to win it all

Now they’ve lost a player in Poole who helped them get that ring to begin with. Replaced him with old parts while the core got older too

If Steph pulls this off he’s double goat’d and credited for 1.5 rings

Poole wasn’t Poole last year. He really took a step back defensively/overall. But he a talent for sure.

Y’all going to have to pick and choose how you feel about Poole. Because one minute, y’all laughing……and the next, he was invaluable last year :lol:.

Truth is, he was out on the season after a certain point. And by the Andre interview..it was clearly self sabotage stemming from the Draymond issue. Draymond again, made a dumb decision and f’d the lockeroom.

He’s done that before, they got rid of KEVIN DURANT…and somehow, won again. In 2022 (another injury riddled season from Steph & Klay)

I’m thinking a focused/more tighter nipped training camp..with guys who don’t make those type of mistakes in a fresh setting like this, would be good for the warrriors.

A lot of what y’all are typing are really memes and laughing emojis. But I get it

:lol:

:lol: Actually Listening to these 2 cornball for almost 2 hrs

Steph is 35 and his durability is declining.Team ain’t good pleighboi.

It’s a great interview. You missing out.

Need my guy to be healthy this season. 65 games played from him, and it’s a wrap.

If they’re a top 4 team, and capable of winning a round…with a more playoff ready roster. I love their chances.

Let’s be realistic on their ceilings here. They have one of the 3 best players in the league. One of the best coaches, and a core with continuity and chemistry. Plus emerging young talent. You know, the Kuminga thing COULD WORK. Not like we haven’t seen it before. Especially with players growing. He and moody will be better. Which is a plus. Klay seems to be back now. Steph is Steph (stay as healthy as possible). And Draymond is declining (real issue). It is not absurd to think this team is a conference finals team. And when there, I like their chances against the field.

Say what you want about cp3, but he’s proven he’s more of a positive…up until a certain point. You take your chances with that. He just has to be a vet and do the little things. He’s more than capable of adjusting.

None of what I’m saying is really crazy. You’re betting on the aging core to not make it, and Kerr-Kuminga to not work, and Draymond Cp3 to not work. That’s a lot of hypotheticals.

I’m betting on the professionals and 4x champs, who won 24 months ago.
It’s more so who they replaced Poole with

Poole was what he was last season but if you’re losing him for older parts that aren’t certainly upgrades then yeah- not optimistic imo

Never count out the Dubz but Steph is the only reliable guy on that team. Klay is very on and mostly off, Wiggins will miss a ton of games and is very inconsistent, Dray isn’t the player he once was and his real value is in the playoffs not the regular season. Father Time has caught up with Chris. He can only give you short bursts. Kerrs Team USA adventure shows he needs certain talent to win. As much as people hate on Poole him and Steph carried them to that last championship

The 21-22 warriors started the season out 18-2

Klay was doing rehab. He didn’t come back til January.

Damnion Lee, Otto Porter Jr, JTA were getting rotation minutes during this time.

I like a focused dub team, to come out and win ball games in the regular season. Jump out and get a cushion. I’ve seen it before.

It’s more so who they replaced Poole with

Poole was what he was last season but if you’re losing him for older parts that aren’t certainly upgrades then yeah- not optimistic imo

But Poole wasn’t even playable in the playoffs. Remember, he forgot how to shoot? We thought he had the yips..and he was trying even less, to not play defense.

Chris Paul at his age is many things, but he’s not doing THAT. Those are like the margin things we talk about that matter in playoff times. Like Looney rebounds, or GpII defense. Stuff y’all laugh about on this board, but prove to matter.

Step back for a minute, and look at the warriors from a more optimistic lense. There is a lot to like there.

I wouldn’t count them out. Y’all do it ALL THE TIME THO :lol:

You’re betting on the aging core to not make it, and Kerr-Kuminga to not work, and Draymond Cp3 to not work. That’s a lot of hypotheticals.
We’re both literally betting on hypotheticals :lol:. But Kerr and Kuminga had issues last year. I didn’t mention Dray and CP not working. Dray is Dray. Defensive asset and massive offensive liability in the 16. CP has shown that you can’t rely on his health for a full 82 + 16 at this stage of his career. I think your hypotheticals for THIS team to win it are much more unlikely than mine. What happened 2 years ago isn’t really relevant for this current team, but I digress. Steph being Steph always gives you a theoretical shot, I just think it’s remote with this roster.

But Poole wasn’t even playable in the playoffs. Remember, he forgot how to shoot? We thought he had the yips..and he was trying even less, to not play defense.

Chris Paul at his age is many things, but he’s not doing THAT. Those are like the margin things we talk about that matter in playoff times. Like Looney rebounds, or GpII defense. Stuff y’all laugh about on this board, but prove to matter.

Step back for a minute, and look at the warriors from a more optimistic lense. There is a lot to like there.

I wouldn’t count them out. Y’all do it ALL THE TIME THO :lol:
paul is 37 and had 41/32/50 splits in the playoffs

not that pretty either and depending on him defensively seems dangerous

We’re both literally betting on hypotheticals :lol:. But Kerr and Kuminga had issues last year. I didn’t mention Dray and CP not working. Dray is Dray. Defensive asset and massive offensive liability in the 16. CP has shown that you can’t rely on his health for a full 82 + 16 at this stage of his career. I think your hypotheticals for THIS team to win it are much more unlikely than mine. What happened 2 years ago isn’t really relevant for this current team, but I digress. Steph being Steph always gives you a theoretical shot, I just think it’s remote with this roster.

Cp3 doesn’t have to be a starting point guard for 82 + 16. That was the problem. Here, he does not have to control the team as a point guard. Completely different situation. Interested to see him adjust.

Kuminga is a young player with talent. Who’s improving, that had somebody in front of him. Prior to Poole’s breakout season, him and Kerr bumped heads too. He got sent to the G-league in 2021. 2022…mip and a champ.

These guys have a recent proven history of making it work. I like their core. They should scoop another big. Then it’s really on :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom