The Official NBA Season Thread

Related, have I mentioned this feature at Intuit yet…

IMG_0257.jpeg
I hope they have a knee touch count or something on the Steve Cam too

I'm genuinely concerned about the future of Team USA basketball. This is the last cycle they will have LeBron, Steph Curry, KD and almost certainly the last time Anthony Davis will play for Team USA.

I'm disappointed in what I've seen from Booker, Tatum and Anthony Edwards. Even last cycle, Durant was by far the best player for Team USA. Without him they don't win gold in Tokyo. I'm just surprised that Team USA is so reliant on the OGs to carry them.

Combine the fact that the rest of the world is getting better and we can't just assume that Team USA will continue winning gold medals at the Olympics

You talking about the most skilled/best era of NBA players like that?

How many folks in here still hoop?

I hoop once a week for 2 hrs, im 35, I pretty much am Pat Bev, whole lot of running around hard but not doing anything, recently, next day Hip is super inflamed, sore, etc for few days.

Not sure if i need to have it checked out or just part of being washed

Haven’t played a competitive full court game since April 2023. Went for a block and felt a pop in the ball of my foot when i landed. Immediately felt pain. MRI and CT were clean but even with rest and icing, it hasn’t healed over a year later. Any type of lateral push off that foot to slide on defense can trigger pain :smh:

USA is lucky there’s no 2008 spain and 2004 argentina level team now.

The overall talent in the olympics and internationally is great though.

Ay Bron is different man.

LeBron has been going for 20 years with no breaks (and multiple off-season obligations with Team USA in 2004, '06., 07, '08, '12, '24) except for a couple injuries. He dragged a garbage Cavs squad to the finals in 2007 (a sweep, but much closer than people remember), made eight finals in a row with Miami and Cleveland, won three, including beating the the best regular season team of all time. I remember him being on the cover of ESPN Magazine in high school. I'm only nine months older than him. Dude has been in my life forever. I think he's had the best career of all time (not necessarily the best player), based on consistency and totality of his career. And, now, he's the alpha at age 39 on Team USA, looking for a third gold medal. It's absurd.

Also, regarding USA Basketball vs. other countries, the women's soccer team has experienced the same thing. They have real competition now. Nothing is guaranteed anymore. There are a handful of countries that are on their level. This is what happens when you promote a sport globally. Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. Basketball is #2. Countries caught up quick.

USA is lucky there’s no 2008 spain and 2004 argentina level team now.

The overall talent in the olympics and internationally is great though.

It's better across the board than then. Team USA is in for a dogfight. The international teams learned to slow it down and not get in a foot race with Team USA a long time ago. They can't keep up in an up and down game, but if they slow it down and work the ball around, they make things harder.

Back
Top Bottom