The Official NBA Season Thread

Surprised Cauley - Stein is playing in the TBT. Thought he was in the league somewhere toiling in anonymity for a team not really playing for nothing and doing gimmicks after they win. Like the kings for example.

Surprised Cauley - Stein is playing in the TBT. Thought he was in the league somewhere toiling in anonymity for a team not really playing for nothing and doing gimmicks after they win. Like the kings for example.
He was lying to himself last fall about this.

sip-drink.gif

This guy

His self awareness is at a zero

PG being garbage after the all-star break last season actually put more pressure on Kawhi to be great (ironically, including in a comeback win against the Sixers) which contributed to him hurting his knee again late in the season.

But I’m sure this will all work out perfectly for the Sixers.

And the guy they didn't put up
35/8/5 on 56/47/93 70%TS

and

29/11/8 on 53/41/96 65%TS

Seems like it was a dumb *** strategy and they should have definitely learned after he fried their *** the first time.

KD was better than Wardell, period.

Without Steph what has the “better” player done? Steph been Him before and after KD

That's not the point
It kinda is though. If he is the better player, then why has he failed to replicate the success he had playing in GS? Especially since he played with Kyrie, And Harden on one team, and CP3 and Booker on another. Seems like he should've won at least another chip somehere considering the people he's played with.

35/8/5 on 56/47/93 70%TS

and

Seems like it was a dumb *** strategy and they should have definitely learned after he fried their *** the first time.

Sometimes I feel like I’m engaging with dummies here. He averaged that because everyone was defending Steve.

I think it was Game 3 where he had 5 straight open layups in a row because they were focused on Steve.

His stats looked that way because he got 1 on 1 coverage.

It kinda is though. If he is the better player, then why has he failed to replicate the success he had playing in GS? Especially since he played with Kyrie, And Harden on one team, and CP3 and Booker on another. Seems like he should've won at least another chip somehere considering the people he's played with.
I think we need to separate who is more skilled overall vs who has had a more successful career, made better choices with contracts, and ultimately been a better teammate.

KD is a freak of nature at almost 7 ft tall. His midrange game is possibly the best ever, certainly for someone his size or taller. If you were going to draft KD or Steph I think 9/10 are going with KD.

But he also mismanaged his career and made terrible choices that have cost his standing in the long run

I think we need to separate who is more skilled overall vs who has had a more successful career, made better choices with contracts, and ultimately been a better teammate.

KD is a freak of nature at almost 7 ft tall. His midrange game is possibly the best ever, certainly for someone his size or taller. If you were going to draft KD or Steph I think 9/10 are going with KD.

But he also mismanaged his career and made terrible choices that have cost his standing in the long run

I agree on paper KD is the obvious “better” player and of course i’d pick a 7 footer over a 6’3guard if I was starting a team. With that said, KD is an all-time talent and as crazy as it sounds, his talent hasn't resulted in winning consistently.

I’m not trying to sit through 5 hours of basketball my guy. I got stuff to do and those seats aren’t comfortable

Neither am I. Five hours of basketball would be available to watch though. I would probably end up arriving at the beginning of the the 4th quarter of the girls game. The WNBA game will be like the opening act... undercard... JV game... etc.
Theoretically, what times would these games even take place? People work. Unless you are starting the womens game @ 4 PM and alienate working class folks, not sure how this would even work.

You also know how the attendance for boys/girls HS games work @ 95% of schools right?

-All weekday games would start at 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
-Cities could coordinate boys and girls high school, middle school, and elementary school games with the professional schedule... so no game days would overlap. Weekend times could fluctuate and even overlap. Pros would go to kids games, and kids would go to pro games. School seasons would be shorter than professionals too, making the overlap last for only a few months.

Example Schedule:

Sunday: Pro games 12:00 pm / 2:00 pm
Monday: kids games 4:00 pm (elementary, middle school, freshman) / 5:30 jv / 7:30 varsity
Tuesday: Pro games
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Pro games
Friday: kids games
Saturday: Pro and kids games... all day.

They doubled the wrong guy

35/8/5 on 56/47/93 70%TS

and

Imagine steph’s numbers if he wasn’t being doubled.

KD deserved those FMVPs but let’s stop ignoring the fact that KD’s best and most efficient post season numbers came during his time in GSW. Probably has to do with playing with the greatest shooter and floor spacer in history

Back
Top Bottom