The Official NBA Season Thread

Tatum would be looked at differently had they beat Miami the prior year and beat Denver. His team got better, he didn’t play great and they won. He probably never was a superstar star but he’s a great all star

And all the ant man aura won’t matter if they don’t repeat the team success and he levels up.

Lauri has plenty of power/control in his situation with his ability to sign an extension.

Why should Ainge be forced to trade the best player on his team for peanuts? Fail to see how trying to get Podz/Kum Guzzler/whatever in return is some crazy idea. Lauri is much better than both of them so Ainge would already be taking a hit there.

Don’t understand at all why he should just be happy with Mooses Mody and a pick or something.

Fair Value =/= peanuts. He's an expiring so if he doesn't sign an extension then his value will drop.

Lauri has power. He can sign an extension on August 6, and be subject to trade rumors this upcoming season. But if he waits until August 7, then he can't be traded during the season.

I see. thanks for the note. So August 6 is a big date then.

Neither am I. Five hours of basketball would be available to watch though. I would probably end up arriving at the beginning of the the 4th quarter of the girls game. The WNBA game will be like the opening act... undercard... JV game... etc.

-All weekday games would start at 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
-Cities could coordinate boys and girls high school, middle school, and elementary school games with the professional schedule... so no game days would overlap. Weekend times could fluctuate and even overlap. Pros would go to kids games, and kids would go to pro games. School seasons would be shorter than professionals too, making the overlap last for only a few months.

Example Schedule:

Sunday: Pro games 12:00 pm / 2:00 pm
Monday: kids games 4:00 pm (elementary, middle school, freshman) / 5:30 jv / 7:30 varsity
Tuesday: Pro games
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Pro games
Friday: kids games
Saturday: Pro and kids games... all day.

So you suggesting something to promote the WNBA but woudnt even come for the WNBA game? :lol:

Tatum wont be the face of the NBA simply because he's not good enough. You got to be levels above your competition for that. You have to have a certain feel for the game that Tatum has never had. Not at Duke, not as a Celtic. He's a great wing. Scores and defends. But he doesn't destroy defenses with his playmaking or rim pressure. He's not a freak athlete. And he's not the efficient sniper like KD. He's just a solid all around forward with a marketable face and team.

Carmelo is kinda like the C-grade version of Tatum as a player, who also didn’t have as much “aura” as his contemporaries.

Carmelo is kinda like the C-grade version of Tatum as a player, who also didn’t have as much “aura” as his contemporaries.

C-grade is harsh. He never had a team as good as Tatum and the West was significantly harder during Melo's time.

Melo had some serious aura coming out of college though. If you have the DMV and then NYC behind you, you're pretty much good on the aura scale.

Compared to Lebron and Wade and even CP3 maybe, yea he wasnt up there.

Carmelo is similar. When you are not a natural playmaker and cant get easy points at the rim your gonna hit a limit. You can only be so effective and consistent on pull up contested jumpers. Especially in the playoffs. I dont care how pretty your shot is.

Tatum would be looked at differently had they beat Miami the prior year and beat Denver. His team got better, he didn’t play great and they won. He probably never was a superstar star but he’s a great all star

And all the ant man aura won’t matter if they don’t repeat the team success and he levels up.
The aura actually going to make the turn on Ant even harsher if the Wolves don’t make the Finals sometime in the next few years.

I heard a journalist who covers sports media on the radio yesterday say that he doesn’t believe NBA leadership is considering Inside to be a big factor in the broadcast rights negotiations. These new deals are for going to be for at least 10 years and there’s reason to question whether the current incarnation of Inside the NBA would last nearly that long even if TNT retained the rights.

Was interesting to hear that perspective and it makes sense to me from the NBA side of things.

C-grade is harsh. He never had a team as good as Tatum and the West was significantly harder during Melo's time.

Melo had some serious aura coming out of college though. If you have the DMV and then NYC behind you, you're pretty much good on the aura scale.

Compared to Lebron and Wade and even CP3 maybe, yea he wasnt up there.
B- then? He’s not as good at Tatum at anything on a basketball court.

I like Melo a lot, but let’s not revise history.

EYE personally couldn’t care less about someone’s aura levels though. Just play well and win.

IMG_0030.jpeg

Tatum would be looked at differently had they beat Miami the prior year and beat Denver. His team got better, he didn’t play shoot great and they won.

Fixed.

Pretty sure he was still statistically the best player in the playoffs while seeing defense like this throughout

upws6x7e26zc1.jpeg

B- then? He’s not as good at Tatum at anything on a basketball court.

I like Melo a lot, but let’s not revise history.

EYE personally couldn’t care less about someone’s aura levels though. Just play well and win.

Yea idc about aura either, you still get remembered for winning it all.

He's a better scorer though. Stats will probably show differently, not sure how many games Melo played in the new shot clock era.

Tatum's supporting cast was always better and he faced way less HOF'ers on most of their runs.

Back
Top Bottom