The Official NBA Season Thread

I definitely believe that it's a direct consequence of the supposed gatekeepers of the sport being so open and shortsighted with their disrespect for the current game and it's players publicly though IMO.

No other sport do you have talking heads and former pros putting down their sport and league half as much as with the NBA. When fans see old heads and people that should know what they're talking about constantly talking down on today's game, it's hard not to expect them to think that it's all normal and cool to parrot that sentiment themselves.

The league can always improve different material things but the coverage around it is currently it's main achilles heel IMO. Like that old addage with friends like these...

It's a compounding affect. You have this weekend that is supposed to be a showcase of the league's best, on top of the regular season woes with stars sitting out for whatever reason, and ridiculously something like what Shai brought up, you're going to get that reaction.

It's really too much to ask these guys to compete? Not for it to be playoff game, but that was an embarrassing display of the game last night.

Sorta serious, play this video right before the all star game in the arena Jumbotron every single time and I think they try harder

I am extremely happy for the Clippers for their latest acquisition

They get a hard working, efficient shooting, team playing player who is also an net positive in the locker room and the organization

1676913798955.gif

Last edited:
KD hasn’t played in an ASG since 2019 :wow:

Also hasn’t played LeBron since Christmas 2018. Man is just messing with all the primetime matchups :lol:

If y’all were saying the clippers are done because PG and Kawhi can’t stay healthy, then what’s the risk with getting Westbrook?

I definitely believe that it's a direct consequence of the supposed gatekeepers of the sport being so open and shortsighted with their disrespect for the current game and it's players publicly though IMO.

No other sport do you have talking heads and former pros putting down their sport and league half as much as with the NBA. When fans see old heads and people that should know what they're talking about constantly talking down on today's game, it's hard not to expect them to think that it's all normal and cool to parrot that sentiment themselves. They give that uglier side of fandom it's legitimacy.

The league can always improve different material things but the coverage around it is currently it's main achilles heel IMO. Like that old addage with friends like these...
I agree 100%. I’m 33 and the old head comments change every decade on some new hater ****. When I was younger the game was “ruined” because of dunks and everybody tryna be like Iverson. They said the kids need to learn how to shoot. Now they’re saying the game’s ruined because this generation is shooting too many 3s :lol: It’s always something man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom