The Official NBA Season Thread

Bones went from being the backup on the Nuggets to probably a third stringer on the Clippers. Life is funny like that.

I could potentially see this going well. If the Clippers play Russ 15-20 minutes per game against second units in order to push the pace and, more importantly, keep him away from closing lineups I could see this being a net positive.

I just hope that the Clippers didn't make Russ any promises regarding a role or playing time. If This rumor is true and the Clippers plan to start Russ once he gets acclimated, this team is doomed and they clearly didn't watch Russ on the Lakers for the last year and a half.

Westbrook's issue is that he has shown a complete inability to adapt his game to a specific scheme or coaching style. He only knows how to go one speed. If the Clippers start Russ and play him big minutes they're looking at a quick, first round exit.

Regular season Westbrook is easy to game plan against and playoff Westbrook is even easier to gameplay against. I remember in the bubble, the Lakers completely figured out Westbrook and just stopped guarding him later in that series.

20230220_125357.jpg

Unlike those Rockets or Lakers The Clippers have the luxury of not relying on Russell Westbrook at all though. If things don't work out, They can just take away his minutes and they will still be a high level team.

Last edited:
It's really too much to ask these guys to compete? Not for it to be playoff game, but that was an embarrassing display of the game last night.

I didnt watch last night, but its a different era these days. The money changed everything.

The Kobes, MJ, KG are also 1 of 1 competitors. Very few athletes like them over time.

Russ
Gordon
Powell
George
Morris

Lineup for 10 mins a night should be able to have tons of drive and kick opportunities.

It’s wild, the hope of Westrbook is what traps you in thinking it will be all gravy

You see glimses of great thing like when he is attacking downhill but gets overweigh’d by all the turnovers, missed layup, jumpers, etc. so as a fan you think he a top 75 player, eventually gonna put it together in a team setting and it never happens

Back
Top Bottom