The Official NBA Season Thread

Swap out Harden for Embiid and it's still true

It really depends on their direction. Are they rebuilding? are they trying to compete? The roster construction doesn't give an indication which direction they are going for but this offseason may force Masai to choose.

The coaching options should be affected by this.
I think they’re going to blow up the roster.

Who/what picks they get back remains to be seen.

GS should've saw the writing on the wall. How you blow a #2 pick on a player and expect him to be ok with being a screen setter and a roller? Thats why Wiseman gone.

Poole was cool until he got his paper, he's cooked now. He expects #2 option touches and playing time he ain cool with playing second fiddle to anyone but Steph.

Kuminga is checked out too.

You're not going to get really good young talent to sacrifice for Wardell and Co's legacy to get more rings. They don't care about that. they want a max deal. GS going to have to move all them young guys for either washed players who are trying to ring chase or young guys who know they're career role players and are cool with it. (GP2, Donte, Loon)

The thing that I think people were missing about Monty is that it sounds like he was getting fired regardless. James Jones might not survive either. He wants his guys in there.
This

I think the only thing that would have saved his job was a championship

If Sarver was still there, I still think he would have probably still been clipped. But with a new owner, he had no chance.

If you believed any team didn’t have any egos then you’ve been fooled.
Just because Steph ain’t going around saying he the best in the game don’t mean he not showing it through his on the court antics…

Dem is some different cats. But they been showed us they have egos. Dray not checking his ego w KD. The Post Game Clay (not realizing Ja would pull up to the dock). Steph petty getting at sports personalities after the fourth chip. Dray punching Poole.
Building towards a championship requires different phases I believe.
Word to Mark Jackson.

But the crazy thing is Nurse and Bud won chips. So in this player empowered world, do we give more credit to the players than the coaches?

If Coach Spo goes down in a sweep, should he get fired because of a bad accident (Herro) or front office personnel decisions?

This

I think the only thing that would have saved his job was a championship

If Sarver was still there, I still think he would have probably still been clipped. But with a new owner, he had no chance.
Thank you for your honesty but this speaks to how much of champion for diversity Mr. Sarver was and why I am still very upset that Woke Agendas and CRT took him down.

I think they’re going to blow up the roster.

Who/what picks they get back remains to be seen.

I think this makes sense. You can get a decent return for Pascal and OG.

FVV kind of fumbled the bag, but he can theoretically opt in, get traded and have a redemption year with a team that will be willing to pay him. There were rumours about Masai being frustrated with FVV not being open with his preference.

Those 3 on their own can get you a haul + cap flexibility while still maintaining all your draft capital.

Part of me thinks the reason they didn't blow it up last year was because they were expecting more out of Scottie, that never transpired.

Back
Top Bottom