The Official NBA Season Thread

Sure lol. Point stands, I dont think his body is gonna hold up. Ya’ll acting like im saying something egregious, his body and possible durability issues have been a talking point forever.
There's one thing pointing out it out and there's another bemoaning about it every post. Like every single time :lol:

And if it was that bad and a bigger talking point like you said players drop all the time because of those same concerns *cough* Cam Whitmore* but you got it, that's your belief
hubie (3).png

I hope he has a healthy career

you trippin my g.. i would’ve traded the entire warriors roster except for 30 for wemby.

KD and Rudy Gobert both some lanky MFers and their careers have been solid. some injuries here and there but not much beyond what is common in the nba. wemby gonna be fine.

You can name a couple guys that it worked out for (durability wise) but I can name you a lot more on the other end of the spectrum.

Im just not sold on him, hes a talent for sure not questioning his game, once he solidifies his 3 ball and figured out how to use his height to score he can for sure be a generational talent. I just dont see his body holding up.

There's one thing pointing out it out and there's another bemoaning about it every post. Like every single time :lol:

And if it was that bad and a bigger talking point like you said players drop all the time because of those same concerns *cough* Cam Whitmore* but you got it, that's your belief
hubie (3).png

I hope he has a healthy career

Its NT, we moan a lot here. :pimp:

I think the Wemby talk in the media and in regular circles is a bit much. I want this young man to succeed and I just wish he could just ball without the nonsense. Just hope he stays healthy

Whats your thoughts on ****?

I will wait to see how he does with an 82 game season playing against elite level competition. We have never seen a guy with his height not have injuries but body type isn’t everything. Kawhi is built like a truck and he's always hurt. I hope whatever the medical staff issues there were or weren't when Kawhi played there have been resolved but time will tell. Just the pace and physicality of the NBA is enough to cause injuries so we will see.

Zions build and play style is nothing like Wemby

That's obvious...but people were essentially wishing an injury on him too talking about his weight when he put on some muscle and was in peak condition at Duke.

Wemby's game is more shifty/flashy than all the other lanky guys which will make him more susceptible to injury.

I will wait to see how he does with an 82 game season playing against elite level competition. We have never seen a guy with his height not have injuries but body type isn’t everything. Kawhi is built like a truck and he's always hurt. I hope whatever the medical staff issues there were or weren't when Kawhi played there have been resolved but time will tell. Just the pace and physicality of the NBA is enough to cause injuries so we will see.

Dang I didnt realize **** was censored. Was asking about the Torontos new ****. :lol:

Did he have any injuries before Pachulia ?

I look at the same way I look at Zion's shoe seems like a domino effect

Zion’s weight coupled with his play style and poor biomechanics is why I was sure he was going to be injured.

f=ma

Anyway. Wemby’s game doesn’t demonstrate any of that.

He’s not heavy, doesn’t zig zag side to side. Has an outside game that doesn’t rely on his athleticism. Doesn’t rush his game, has good footwork. Much of his game is skill based.
Jumps and lands with his feet under him usually unlike AD. Doesn’t excessively flop like Embiid. Has experience playing with grown men. All signs point to him having a good head on his shoulders.

There have been plenty of HOF players that are long and wirey. Kareem, KD, Giannis, KG.

Will he get injured playing 82 games a year? Probably, most players do.

Gonna be some disappointed fans when dude ends up playing 30 games a season.

Agreed. I don’t see how a size 43 foot won’t have constant foot injuries. Even just stepping on other feet all the time and rolling ankles. Those feet cover too much real estate

Hasnt Wemby played pro for a while? Hes not JUST about to start playing against men. Does he already have an injury history or yall just scared he might get hurt?

Hasnt Wemby played pro for a while? Hes not JUST about to start playing against men. Does he already have an injury history or yall just scared he might get hurt?

Nothing crazy though he did have a stress fracture in his tibia a few years ago and he had some kind of muscle injury in his back or leg. NBA season, pre season and all the practices and what not is gonna be a real test for his body. Hes never had to play ball (in this frequency) like this before.

Nobody in the NBA plays 82 games, especially for the Spurs.
Mikal played 83 and 82 the last couple years
Poole did it this year and missed only a handful last year
a lot of these younger kids really have no excuses if they don’t have history of injuries

He'll be aight. I wasnt paying a lot of attention to the draft but im almost certain at one point they had bruh on my tv rollin crepes with his toes. He different.

Back
Top Bottom