The Official NBA Season Thread

cam-newton-nod.gif

1. Tatum 2. Supermax J. Brown? 3. Porzingis?

It is a semantics thing but KP might be their second most important player going forward but not their second best. Them being what folks are expecting them to be will rely on him building upon a career year which no one knows if that is the player he is now or if it was an anomaly. I’ve always liked KP so I hope he is at least able to stay healthy.

Hmm

🤔

I’m not mad (?)

Insert pride month corporation memes

You’re damned by the masses if you do because “you’re doing this but you don’t really care” and you’re damned if you don’t by the folks supporting those causes because “Why aren’t you doing anything? You don’t care!”

As a business like the NHL, MLB, it’s best to promote it at the top level as an enterprise thing and have cause based initiatives and let those who support them join in. It still shows you care but without forcing all of your workers to support which is better for everyone involved.

Is Porzingis as the second best player on a contender a good thing? Career high season aside
Can’t be entirely sure, but he’s just about to turn 28 and could argue that he just started his theoretical prime years. His ability to create offense both in the paint and out is a really big deal playing with the Jays. Was really impactful defensively as well. Would honestly consider him and JB 2A/2B on the team. Jaylen will probably shoot more, but Porzingis impact on the entirety of the game would be greater.

Jays are both just now starting to enter their primes. Jaylen will be 27 when season starts and Tatum won’t be 26 til February. Majority of the best players in the history of the league didn’t win anything until they started to enter this age range. Jordan/Hakeem/Bron/Curry/KD/Giannis/Joker. That’s why I’ve always had a tough time really getting down on The Jays.

These are the years where it will truly be no excuses for them.

Back
Top Bottom