The Official NBA Season Thread

Can’t be an nba player without being some form of delusional
alonzo-mourning-gary-payton (1).gif

No no no no, we were supposed to trade the 3 and Ant for Giannis or Embiid. Maybe a Bam. Or at the very least an AD.

Dame had this **** planned out from the start before his mouthpiece started painting the FO as incompetent (they are).

From all the reporting, POR brass told Dame they were going to try and use that pick to make moves to get immediate support and then reneged on it. I mean he told everyone at the exit interview he didn't want to play with young dudes going forward and basically every subsequent interview he reiterated that stance. They both knew what time it was.

He wanted every last red cent that his drafted team could pay him through nearly the end of his career.

He knew he could play this card he said he never would because he knows that the facade of loyalty he's built up is strong around the league and with fans.
This. Dame played his cards right to get 58m and 63m when he is 35 and 36. Imagine if everything works out and he wins a chip with Miami, lol.

I’m glad Dame was able to fleece one of these snotty owners, but he played the fans in the process.
IMG_0109.jpeg

From all the reporting, POR brass told Dame they were going to try and use that pick to make moves to get immediate support and then reneged on it. I mean he told everyone at the exit interview he didn't want to play with young dudes going forward and basically every subsequent interview he reiterated that stance. They both knew what time it was.
He had to have known it would be difficult, at best, to flip Ant and the 3 (and whatever else we could move) for an actual star. Like, other than Sharpe and Simons this team's value is as low as its ever been during the Dame era. Theres not much out there for what we can offer unless a team is willing to get played.

So I don't blame Lillard. He wants to win and the Blazers aren't in a position to win, with or without him. No moves we could make, would make us a competitor. Draymond wouldn't have changed **** but maybe gotten us into the play-in.

Portland needs a lot more than a decent big next to Dame and Grant if they want to win.

Back
Top Bottom