The Official NBA Season Thread

Along with Klutch, Dejounte is working overtime too. Let’s applaud him.

1705684471123.png

Nobody acting like lamelo is a cone though

One was on his way to all defensive team and one clearly isn’t

But if you want to dig deeper than your initial post of raw stats which is always an elementary (pun intended) way of looking at things

I would say ant is more dynamic of a scorer. He puts way more pressure on the rim. Finished way better at the rim. Creates way more in the midrange and finishes way better in the midrange

One also gets to play with other net positive defenders such as Mike Conley, Jayden Mcdaniels, and Rudy Gobert. It's easier to play defense when you're on the court with other good defenders thats a fact. The stats really aren't that elementary when you consider they're taking basically the same amount of shots a game and they're shooting basically the same percentage from the field and from 3.

Ant is clearly the better athlete that's not debatable but at the end of the day 2 points is 2 points, if Ant is so much of a more dynamic scorer how is he only averaging *checks notes* a grand total of 1 more point a game than Lamelo? They're both taking the same amount of shots a game at around 19.

When you look at the scoring metrics Ant is a hair better than Lamelo at each category TS% 58-56%, FG% 46.5% - 43.4%, 3p% 38-37%. I just don't see how those fractions of a point difference turn into being a way better scorer. (Especially when y'all just criticized me holding on to Wemby's 19.6 the other day)

You're basically turning it into a "I like how it looks when Ant plays so he's better" position. Which if that is your stance that's fine that's your opinion. I think they're dead even right now.

On one hand, Miami is going to be really expensive if they trade Lowry for a guy with years left on his contract (Dejounte/Rozier). On the other hand, gotta make the most of the Jimmy and Bam Era.

25-5-8 vs 26-5-5???? Shooting splits, basically identical and Lamelo is the better playmaker surrounded by worst talent.

Only thing in Lamelo's way is his ankles and the Hornets organization. I like both guys, but still.

Lamelo >

Ah ah ah Broham

IMG_0956.jpeg

LaMelo is averaging 24.9 pts and 7.8 assists. Don’t start rounding up now.

Ant is shooting 2.9% better from field and 1.1% better from 3pt.

And Ant’s team has 22 more wins, which you’ve stated is important to you.

As someone who loves both, Ant >> LaMelo. Both can be top 10 players in due time tho. I just prefer Ant's 2-way ability over LaMelo's playmaking prowess.

Back
Top Bottom