The Official NBA Season Thread

Time for the NovaKnicks to flex their power and complete the assembly.
B05A13F9-B653-4134-87E6-4B4616BBA78E.jpeg

Nets gonna take the best they can get cuz they should be sellers.
They can have the Bucks 1st next year too cuz this is the missing piece. Move DDv to the bench where he can run things and help get Deuce ready for next level in his Knicks career.

Things move fast frfr in the league. All these Babybockers gone within months better be worth it in the end. Was ready to stand pat w/ at the very least a high level core waiting for the 1 superstar but here we are.

Podcasts killed them.

"new media" and tech has more people viewing and listening than reading these days and print has been a dying genre for a while now, but i feel it's due to other reasons a well. can't quite put my finger on it

i do welcome a changing of the guard though as the same kind of person has been dominating discourse in sports for far too long.

Ah ah ah Broham

IMG_0956.jpeg

LaMelo is averaging 24.9 pts and 7.8 assists. Don’t start rounding up now.

Ant is shooting 2.9% better from field and 1.1% better from 3pt.

And Ant’s team has 22 more wins, which you’ve stated is important to you.

Dawg :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: this is perfect!!

No one has come up with successful business model for the bundled journalism product in the internet era.

It's either

- be funded by generous benefactor (washington post),
- be an individual journalist with a substack following
- or be the New York Times

or lose tons of money.

I could sit here and come up with hot takes about why Pitchfork or SI into the toilet,

but hard for me to criticize without a successful business model to point to.

people don't consume media like they used to
no body cares enough about a particular topic to spend 4-10 minutes reading
slight political tangent, but i think this partly explains the downward turn this country has experienced. the dumbing down of everything has definitely contributed to the heightened cultural ignorance we're experiencing and fed into the appetites of the least informed / most vocal in this country.

I am not blaming the consumer or defending corporations.

But.

I'm interested to know how many people actually pay for the daily content they consume. If you click an article to read and it's paywalled, are you subscribing or looking for a way around that paywall? Are you watching your team's game on s***ameast? Are you binging your favorite show on an account shared by six people?

Life is expensive. Nobody could/should pay for however many subscriptions there are now. I also don't think it should be that surprising when something like Sports Illustrated no longer exists.

But.

I'm interested to know how many people actually pay for the daily content they consume. If you click an article to read and it's paywalled, are you subscribing or looking for a way around that paywall? Are you watching your team's game on s***ameast? Are you binging your favorite show on an account shared by six people?

Life is expensive. Nobody could/should pay for however many subscriptions there are now. I also don't think it should be that surprising when something like Sports Illustrated no longer exists.
Don't pay for articles. I just wait for pmatic pmatic to post them on here...

I also use HIM HIM Hulu with no ads.

slight political tangent, but i think this partly explains the downward turn this country has experienced. the dumbing down of everything has definitely contributed to the heightened cultural ignorance we're experiencing and fed into the appetites of the least informed / most vocal in this country.
Yea I fully aagree with this and the fast foodification of just about everything culturally from music, journalism, media etc. It bleeds into so many aspects of our society at large.

That dumbing down of things has led to a backlash towards education/academia which has been naturally followed by the current wave of anti-intellectualism that we're living in now. It's set the conditions for critical thinking skills to drop and lawmakers to straight up draw up laws to outlaw/ban books and the accurate teaching of history with context.

Now we live in an information age where people have more access to more knowledge than ever before while at the same time being more historically illiterate/lacking perspective than ever. It's not by fluke.

It's why we can never take some of these longstanding cultural institutions for granted or take it lightly when they're under attack by thinking that they'll always be there by default. It's the constant chipping away at them over time that set the stage for our current reality where disinformation has the stranglehold that it has on our politics and overall discourse.

Back
Top Bottom