The Official NBA Season Thread

Apparently they told Cade to play like Luka and he's like sure. :lol:

I think the team needs a better guard defender. Brunson, Haliburton is gross at defense. Reaves is decent. Ant can guard though. Hart is better at sizing up than guarding smalls.

Isn't Hali a decent defender? At least that was his rep in Sactown. Not elite, but definitely not a liability.

Less overall flaws in what way? Both are negatives defensively. Trae gets you the same playmaking while being the better scorer.

Teams dont really target to attack Haliburton like that. He's also the better shooter and less turnover prone.

to be fair, the term “passing” is a loaded phrase that ignores the growth students can make year to year. if a 7th grader is performing math at a second grade level, he might be able to grow by three or four grade levels by 8th grade but still fail to score well enough to “pass.” it pretty much negates progress. i’m not trying to excuse I Promise, but these standardized tests have historically penalized schools in underfunded areas while rewarding those in privileged communities. add to that, like the article addresses, covid 19 negatively impacted learning across disciplines, but probably most noticeably in math instruction and learning. schools nationwide are still trying to recover.

what might be a better indicator of the success or efficacy of I Promise is to compare their students’ growth and test scores to that of their same aged peers at other akron schools.

just my .02

Question time...

Current player under 30 yrs old who is most likely to be 'consensus' Top 10 All time by the time they are done??

Back
Top Bottom