The Official NBA Season Thread

Then you’re just wrong.

Wrong for saying people under 35 loved Kobe? :lol: :lol: I’ll be wrong then :rofl:

I still remember him doing the East bay dunk in 97 and him vs Jordan in the all star game.

I Lowkey was mad he caught that case and got dropped by Adidas. I still want a pair of the Kobe 2 spaceboots :lol:

same SAC team that had luke walton as their previous coach

Regretting GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

can't have something vulgar like that on a family website like...

checks notes

NikeTalk
I understand why I they can't allow it to fly

But this mother****er WASHED KING WASHED KING about to have tons of free time on his hands, elpablo21 elpablo21 done form an existing of evil with him to support Luka.

He still posting stupid *** Kendrick ****, and I'm fighting for my goddamn life like....

ezgif-7-ef2d58dd6a.gif

Folks say people didn’t like Kobe but damn near 3 out of every 5 current hoopers hold him in high regard.

I know it’s proximity, but all the current dudes from the LA area reveres that dude.

He set the trend of low top sneakers. All these cats wearing low tops because of Bean. Dudes stay fronting on here :lol:
We talking pre-black mamba/Adidas Kobe people wasn’t rocking with him like that

Maybe it was different out west but I don't remember anyone wanting to be Kobe. We all looked up to AI, Mike Vick, and 50 cent.

But I grew up like 40 min from Newport News so might just be region specific for me. Dad used to drive the Shipyard vans and leave work early to see AI play.

Could be. Kobe isn’t street like those other guys. And to his credit he didn’t try to fake it. He had his own swag and unwavering confidence. This was the transition period in the NBA led by A.I in regards to culture.

From what I saw in Atlanta he was admired maybe more from a basketball side than “cool” side but the things he did on court made him cool.

Pulling up to the Rucker in AF1’s helps lol.

When I lived in Maryland in the early 2000s Kobe was really polarizing, even before the accusations

Some people like him. But other people thought he was fake and liked Iverson more.

Seems like people warmed up to him after he went to Nike, and he could be used as a cudgel against Bron

It’s quite baffling

He don’t even got an in season tournament chip. 🤣 When he gets a chip then we can talk. Until then he’s been to the conference finals now 5 times in the weak East with zero to show for it. This is his 6th run in a rather easy conference compared to the West.

When I lived in Maryland in the early 2000s Kobe was really polarizing, even before the accusations

Some people like him. But other people thought he was fake and liked Iverson more.

Seems like people warmed up to him after he went to Nike, and he could be used as a cudgel against Bron
Yeah honestly the Iverson/Kobe fandom here wasn’t even close. Everyone respected Kobe’s game, but folks definitely liked Iverson far more.

AI just had that aura. He should've been the face of the league but RACISM couldn't let that happen.

You didn't have to be a 76ers fan to love AI, I didn't meet a Kobe fan that wasn't also a Laker fan.

I wonder if espn will ever get back to solid all around coverage of all sports. This overanalyzing basketball hot take culture has run its course imo. Was tatums bostons best player last night smh. What a silly topic

Yeah honestly the Iverson/Kobe fandom here wasn’t even close. Everyone respected Kobe’s game, but folks definitely liked Iverson far more.
Yeah

With A.I being from Virginia and going to Georgetown, he had a crazy amount of love in the area. If he had signed with Nike, whatever sig he had would have been up there in popularity with Jordans, New Balances and Foams.

From my experience, the people that were the biggest fans of Kobe were the dudes that were really into basketball, watched a ton, and played a lot.

But A.I dominated most demographics of basketball fan from what I remember.

People dig the whole rebellious ”I do me” persona. Plus AI and them Sixers had people rooting for em since they were always underdogs.

Back
Top Bottom