The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Watched about 2/3 of 13th and am apprehensive about watching the rest. I will but I hate watching those kinds of movies/docs. I get pissed off and now I get a lil sick to boot.

I really want to get all my lil cousins and nephews and every other young black males that I know and watch it and have a good heart to heart about making the right choices to minimize their chances of being a number in them cells.

Watched about 2/3 of 13th and am apprehensive about watching the rest. I will but I hate watching those kinds of movies/docs. I get pissed off and now I get a lil sick to boot.

I really want to get all my lil cousins and nephews and every other young black males that I know and watch it and have a good heart to heart about making the right choices to minimize their chances of being a number in them cells.
Breh I watched this and it was damn near the reason I voted for who I voted for this past election. It really digs deep into the legal system and how it's meant for us to fail b.

what was the worst that was done to you?

did you get spit on?

this is very interesting to me as i never understood these fraternities...
I had to fight off lions tigers and bears.... oh my

:lol: Black greeks/masons love to give some goofy answer when outsiders try to understand. From the dudes I knew that crossed, that trailer isn't that far off, just the added obvious suspense of being a movie.

netflix is to the film industry, like the korean footy league is to once footy greats? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:

Breh I watched this and it was damn near the reason I voted for who I voted for this past election. It really digs deep into the legal system and how it's meant for us to fail b.
It gave a few specifics to things that I already had an idea about wand it's so disappointing how the cards are stacked against us and how folks just think that way of thinkin' just faded away because of laws

Means that he directed that in his 20s. Just shows there's a lot of black talent out there that the academy have been ignoring. Glad they finally caught up even though they had to be shamed into it.

Yeah read an article where he was basically on the verge of quitting because he didn't hit anything after that. Other directors would've gotten mega franchises thrown their way after a debut like that.

^ i just don't think it got enough exposure. 

none of my peoples have even heard of this movie... i was actually living overseas when i ran in to this movie out of pure coincidence. 

Available March 1
Blazing Saddles 
Chicago

Deep Run 
Friday After Next 
Impossible Dreamers 

Jurassic Park 
Jurassic Park III 
Know Your Enemy — Japan

Kung Fu Panda
Let There Be Light (1946) 
Memento  
Midnight in Paris 

Nacho Libre
Nazi Concentration Camps (1945) 
Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane 
San Pietro 
Singing with Angels 
Sustainable 
Slums of Beverly Hills 
The Craft 

This Is Spinal Tap
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny 
The Lost World: Jurassic Park 

The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress 
The Negro Soldier (1944) 
Thunderbolt 
Tunisian Victory 

Available March 4
Safe Haven 

Available March 7
Amy Schumer: The Leather Special

Available March 8
Hands of Stone 
The Waterboy

Available March 9
Thithi

Available March 10
Burning Sands

The Boss’ Daughter 

Available March 13
Million Dollar Baby 

Must Love Dogs

Available March 14  
Disney’s Pete’s Dragon 
Jim Norton: Mouthful of Shame 

Available March 15
Disney’s The BFG 
Notes on Blindness 

Available March 16
Coraline 

Available March 17
Deidra & Laney Rob a Train
Naledi: A Baby Elephant’s Tale 
Pandora

Available March 18
Come and Find Me

Available March 21
Ali & Nino 
Another Forever 
Evolution (2015)  
Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare) 

Available March 23
Welcome to New York 

Available March 24
Déjà Vu  
Felipe Neto: My Life Makes No Sense
Spider  
The Square  (2008)  
The Most Hated Woman in America
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 

Available March 25
The Student Body
USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage 

Available March 26
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou 

Available March 28
Jo Koy: Live from Seattle

Available March 31
FirstBorn 
GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

The Discovery

had the slowest tear running down my face when they came and took his kid...the ending wasn't that great as stated but definitely a movie for the feels..

this is why i don't need cable. netflix on fire, looking forward to this year. their movies are on point.

Spectral was fun! and Netflix got robbed for Beasts of No Nation. That little boy's acting was spot on, movie was too real.

imperial dreams and medicine for melencholy are getting watched this week.

:lol: Black greeks/masons love to give some goofy answer when outsiders try to understand. From the dudes I knew that crossed, that trailer isn't that far off, just the added obvious suspense of being a movie.

Fear of being outted. Lot of down low activities happen as well. 3 of my kappas homies I went to school or grew up with just came out and they're married with kids

I finished Lemony Snickets last night... NPH was great in it. Heard a second season is likely. Really hope so.

Back
Top Bottom