The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Anyone got a 4k tv? Was at costco and surprised to see how low they’re selling now. Will eventually buy one and upgrade netflix but netflix already increased their price and then a few more bucks for 4k or ultra def whatever they have.
One in the family room and one in the office, you think they are low check out the open box deals this entire month now that Super Bowl is over. Keeping an eye out for one in the basement at a decent price.

One in the family room and one in the office, you think they are low check out the open box deals this entire month now that Super Bowl is over. Keeping an eye out for one in the basement at a decent price.

Yeah, open boxes are great deals and tv’s are best priced after the super bowl.

Y’all are really exaggerating with how bad Cloverfield Paradox was.

I go into these Cloverfield films now just looking for good visuals and nice Easter eggs tying back to the other two films. After hearing how production went with 10 Cloverfield Lane with them basically refashioning a script to fit into a Cloverfield universe, it was clear that they weren’t trying to create something extremely complex. Just a franchise that, with all the viral marketing, still had a lot of money to be made. Took them ten years, but they’re finally milking the cult fandom the first Cloverfield created.

I think some of you may be going into it expecting too much. The visuals were enough to keep me entertained even though most of it didn’t make sense. Probably because I went in just expecting a space film with mild forced references here and there.:lol:

I said it before though, I’m a sucker for Cloverfield films just because of the nostalgia of the first.

Yeah, open boxes are great deals and tv’s are best priced after the super bowl.

Dont buy all the open box crap from Cotsco. Go to BB spend $599 for the 55 inch TCL P series and be a happy camper. It does 4k supports both DV and HDR, and is FALD.

Y’all are really exaggerating with how bad Cloverfield Paradox was.

I go into these Cloverfield films now just looking for good visuals and nice Easter eggs tying back to the other two films. After hearing how production went with 10 Cloverfield Lane with them basically refashioning a script to fit into a Cloverfield universe, it was clear that they weren’t trying to create something extremely complex. Just a franchise that, with all the viral marketing, still had a lot of money to be made. Took them ten years, but they’re finally milking the cult fandom the first Cloverfield created.

I think some of you may be going into it expecting too much. The visuals were enough to keep me entertained even though most of it didn’t make sense. Probably because I went in just expecting a space film with mild forced references here and there.:lol:

I said it before though, I’m a sucker for Cloverfield films just because of the nostalgia of the first.

the way they advertised this during the super bowl made it seem like it was going to be great.. turns out , all it was is good marketing... the visuals we're actually not that great and very rarely people watch movies for visuals.. I can go to YouTube and watch hdr videos for visuals... i was watching this on my OLED and it wasn't that great.. the sound however was incredible..

the way they advertised this during the super bowl made it seem like it was going to be great.. turns out , all it was is good marketing... the visuals we're actually not that great and very rarely people watch movies for visuals.. I can go to YouTube and watch hdr videos for visuals... i was watching this on my OLED and it wasn't that great.. the sound however was incredible..
Isn't that really the schtike of the Cloverfield series or movies, they want to create a mystic for you to want to watch and then disappoint in the end?

Maybe it was the Super Bowl hype. I didn’t realize people thought this highly of the series in the first place. The best film of the three if we’re honest is 10 Cloverfield Lane. Cloverfield was poorly written and some of the acting was laughable at times. I guess the hype of the ad have people high expectations, but this is a series where the dude who’s holding the Camera in the first film is named Hud (Heads Up Display? :lol:) You gotta know this isn’t going to be 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I respect your perspectives though. Just surprising that I’m in the minority in this because I kinda loved it. Part of me was definitely caught up in the moment, so props to Netflix for the hype train.:lol:

Isn't that really the schtike of the Cloverfield series or movies, they want to create a mystic for you to want to watch and then disappoint in the end?
I don’t think they disappoint by design. It’s supposed to be a sort of anthology. I think answering questions would take away some of the charm of the series. They choose to leave things open ended. The fact that they seem to not know where they’re going next with the next installment has them leaving things even more unanswered and open ended.

I suppose that intrigues me.

La Casa De Papel is a really good series. I was watching Inside man and wanted to see another bank robbery style movie or show. The writing is good, the plot and acting is dope. It takes place in Spain so of course the dialogue is in Spanish. You can switch the audio to English, just be prepared to deal with awful dub over for some actors, not all. After a while I couldn't tell it was dubbed until it was on certain actors. The voice over just didn't match the character's personality. Other than that the show is really dope:pimp:

Last edited:
^

Awesome show! I am 9 episodes in. Such a great plot. It's really unpredictable (well I thought so). It's one of those shows where a problem occurs and you think shh about to go down, but then something happens to remedy said situation and you're like

Watching Altered Carbon after seeing Dark........got me feeling like I'm watching some real trash here.

I hated Sense8 and this is worse. Grab me somewhere Altered Carbon, something.....:eye roll

Dark really is next level. Had my mind blown. Glad I stuck with it. A little dull in the beginning. Turns up by the 4th/5th episode.

saw a good horror film last night, Triangle. Good film about time loops
Time loops now I am intrigued.

Looks like the acting could be better but for a free movie at the house, it looks adequate.

I will check out the ritual have a glass of some vodka or tequila and kick the feet up.

Back
Top Bottom