The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

giphy (1).gif

Subscriptions+internet bout to be more than a deluxe cable+internet package smh.

Thought cutting the cord was to save money!?!?!?

Man, a lot of actors from GoT, Last Kingdom, Peaky Blinders.

Going to need to subscribe to AMC+ to finish Season 1.

Holy crap ep. 1 escalated quickly! That was a nice fight scene. I'm in!

Last edited:
Netflix raising my rates again?
In 10years is going to be $100.
Aren’t there still people grandfathered in to the $4.99 sub?

lol speaking of grandfather I was at the post office a few months ago and seen a dude dropping a netflix envelope in the mail, i was actually shocked they still offer discs.

I would cancel netflix if my family didn’t watch it so much. They should reduce their price for a lot of the crap I have to scroll through to find something decent to watch.

Another price hike huh? :smh:
242FE997-D5F5-4F00-8EDC-44362CBF1E7D.jpeg

thankfully part of my subscription is subsidized by my contract with T-Mobile but still this **** is ridiculous. I guess this is how Netflix plans to start finally turning a profit. Was listening to a podcast that was talking about how netflix's cashburn is significantly greater than it's profit but investors assume netflix is gonna flip that soon.

they've got us by the balls and that know it. it's no longer just about watching a show but netflix has become a part of our culture. i think about all the conversations I've had with friends/colleagues about netflix shows over the years. if I didn't have access, i would've had hella FOMO. ****'s wild.

Before we know it netflix going to be charging $25. They are the og streaming service so they’ve had a head start in being people’s main place to watch stuff. Most older people I know have it more than the other stuff like hulu or hbo.

Man, I hope someone picks up Berlin Station. I thought they knew they were cancelled and closed all storylines. Nope, left a big *** cliffhanger. 😕

Penny Dreadful or The Affair?

Yeah, Berlin Station ending on a cliffhanger made me mad. Wanted Esther bae to get her revenge.

Penny Dreadful is great if you like horror / monster shows. Eva Green eventually showing her boobs and weird sex scenes.

Gangs of London has some highs and lows but episode 7 is dope. Really happy the thread was hyping it so much. Using my free trial to run through it.

thankfully part of my subscription is subsidized by my contract with T-Mobile but still this **** is ridiculous. I guess this is how Netflix plans to start finally turning a profit. Was listening to a podcast that was talking about how netflix's cashburn is significantly greater than it's profit but investors assume netflix is gonna flip that soon.

they've got us by the balls and that know it. it's no longer just about watching a show but netflix has become a part of our culture. i think about all the conversations I've had with friends/colleagues about netflix shows over the years. if I didn't have access, i would've had hella FOMO. ****'s wild.
Lol, I couldn't give a **** about not being able to chat up shows.

I think the idea that price increases will get them to their growth margin ja a terrible idea with all the new streaming services coming out. Cancel Netflix and get 2 of the new services for the same price.

Gangs of London has some highs and lows but episode 7 is dope. Really happy the thread was hyping it so much. Using my free trial to run through it.

I just think there was too much going on, too many characters and none of the characters were particularly likeable, even Elliot I wasnt really finding myself rooting for. Fighting, gun scenes were cool but yeah storyline was weak. I woudnt say it was a waste of my time watching it but I woudnt tell people its a must watch either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom