The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Virgin River back. :smokin

Charmaine is also really attractive. Jack should just ask her and Mel for a throuple / polyamorous arrangement.

Man, I hope someone picks up Berlin Station. I thought they knew they were cancelled and closed all storylines. Nope, left a big *** cliffhanger. 😕

Penny Dreadful or The Affair?
Penny Dreaful with Eva Green is cool.
Didn't care for the recent one.
Never finished the Affair, quit in Season2, and shorty is Bae.

Cancel Netflix and get 2 of the new services for the same price.
No way I could/would do this.
I have about 35 shows on NEFTLIX that are Original Content shows that can only be caught on NETFLIX.
I'm in too deep to Cancel.
Hell even if NETFLIX was $39 per month and I could have 3-4 Other Streamers combined like hulu/disney/prime/HBOmax I'd take NETFLIX.
Every Month there is a NETFLIX Original that is ongoing that I'm invested in.......
When it reaches $99 per month, I will be there watching and complaining, but paying....

Pricing is kind of all over the map since this format is relatively new. From the consumers perspective I can justify Netflix for $20/mo. We might be a bit spoiled with newer streaming services undercutting pricing. Not mad at Netflix, we know they’ve been operating at a loss for years, and we all benefitted from it. I can toss a few more dollars at them now. :lol:

Yeah I've cancelled Netflix multiple times before but now recently I get much more use out of it than in prior years.

No way I could/would do this.
I have about 35 shows on NEFTLIX that are Original Content shows that can only be caught on NETFLIX.
I'm in too deep to Cancel.
Hell even if NETFLIX was $39 per month and I could have 3-4 Other Streamers combined like hulu/disney/prime/HBOmax I'd take NETFLIX.
Every Month there is a NETFLIX Original that is ongoing that I'm invested in.......
When it reaches $99 per month, I will be there watching and complaining, but paying....

While I agree that at least once a month Netflix will give you some sort of original content to be invested in I can't say my loyalties go that deep.

Alot of their stuff is quick to be found on the streaming sites etc (not saying it's ideal but the content is out there because of the mass consumption). To some extent the same can be said for anything though.

HBOmax is really running at full stream in alot of areas Netflix isn't. It's way too early for me to abandon Netflix but if HBO is able to keep firing at a rate this good it's inevitable that a decision will be made.

Overall props to the networks for figuring out a way to get consumers back. It might be over for cable but we are probably closest to the 'a la carte' tv that we were crying for 10 years ago. Unfortunately it's getting back to cable pricing in totality but it feels like less clutter in some respects.

I still haven't really figured out my sports option and I'm hoping one of my subs eventually figures out a way to get that rolled in at close to what I'm spending now.

Pricing is kind of all over the map since this format is relatively new. From the consumers perspective I can justify Netflix for $20/mo. We might be a bit spoiled with newer streaming services undercutting pricing. Not mad at Netflix, we know they’ve been operating at a loss for years, and we all benefitted from it. I can toss a few more dollars at them now. :lol:

Honestly I never looked at it like that. In terms of value for entertainment and quality, we the consumers have been robbing netflix for a long time.
I'm sure they profit off our data tho so 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oh yeah, the backdoor dealings definitely keep them in the black, didn’t consider that. :lol:

I’m really curious how long Disney+ at $6.99/mo is sustainable. Especially with the money they’re spending on The Mandalorian.

https://www.cbr.com/amazon-the-expanse-season-5-release-date-trailer-plot-news/

Announced alongside the trailer, The Expanse Season 5 hits Amazon Prime Video on Dec. 16. The first three episodes of the show will release on Dec. 16, while subsequent episodes will air on Wednesdays until Feb. 3.

Was so looking forward to binging The Expanse on 12/16. Nope trash Amazon is releasing it weekly. :stoneface:
I guess this is going to be their new format. If I didn't use prime for the free shipping I'd cancel. I'd rather pay more on Netflix with the price hike, than pay for Amazon. First The Boys, then they cancel Utopia, now The Expanse will release weekly.

tenor (8).gif

Wow. Was wondering when The Expanse would be back. SMH at making us wait week to week. We get 2 day shipping but gotta wait 7 days for an episode? Eff outta here.

Prime is one thing I'll never get rid of so I'll eventually get back to The Expanse and The Man in The Castle.

Both were just ok the first time around.

Same here. I probably watched into at least midway through the second season, but something about it just never hooked me. Pretty sure I tried to watch it again after Amazon brought it back too. I be feeling super left out. :lol:

Yeah, ZeroZeroZero was better than season 2 of Narcos Mexico.

Loved both and agree they were different in their own ways. Are we expecting a season 2 of ZeroZeroZero?

Back
Top Bottom