The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Did you watch Squid Game subbed or dubbed?

I watched it dubbed. It seemed over the top, but I enjoyed the visuals so much, I didn't want to staring at the bottom of the screen the whole time. I'll probably watch it subbed to see how it changes the feel.

Last edited:
Did you watch Squid Game subbed or dubbed?

I watched it dubbed. It seemed over the top, but I enjoyed the visuals so much, I didn't want to staring at the bottom of the screen the whole time. I'll probably watch it subbed to see how it changes the feel.
dubbed is just so out of place. got used to subtitles decades ago. once you get used to the original, it just feels awkward listening to the dubbed version. worst ones are the over the top monologues and emoting. it's as worse as those delayed dubs of old kungfu movies.

Yeah, I have to echo that. The dub always takes me out of it way more than reading subtitles does. Subtitles for South Korean joints is a must for me.

The rare problem you run into with subtitles is an anime or foreign movie / show that expects you to be a world champion speed reader and you have to read two lines or more in under two seconds.
not really. you'd be surprised how people can adapt to it. and it isn't even that long to read nor does it require you to become a world champ speed reader. I had that same mentality as you before I started reading subtitle. it seems difficult at first but really isn't unless you can't read or don't know what's the subtitles' language. nowadays, I feel that I'm feeling something missing without subtitles even if the show/movie that I'm watching is already in English. I find it very entertaining to read and I'm not even a big reader.

finished Midnight Mass, it is a good watch to say the least but felt too short. dunno if there would be a season 2. not sure if this show is a per season stories kind of show.

not really. you'd be surprised how people can adapt to it. and it isn't even that long to read nor does it require you to become a world champ speed reader. I had that same mentality as you before I started reading subtitle. it seems difficult at first but really isn't unless you can't read or don't know what's the subtitles' language. nowadays, I feel that I'm feeling something missing without subtitles even if the show/movie that I'm watching is already in English. I find it very entertaining to read and I'm not even a big reader.
Nah, i've had a show or two that flash the words way too quick. Had to keep pausing or rewinding.

Wish they didn't add all the american government bipartisanship stuff to Y: The Last Man. Tired of having to see it in the news and online all the time. Show would be better without it.

The cast in this movie! :wow:

Jonathan Majors, Idris Elba, Zazie Beetz, Regina King, Delroy Lindo, LaKeith Stanfield, RJ Cyler, Edi Gathegi, Danielle Deadwyler and Deon Cole.
Directed by Jeymes Samuel and produced by Shawn 'Jay Z' Carter James Lassiter, Jeymes Samuel and Lawrence Bender.

The cast in this movie! :wow:

Jonathan Majors, Idris Elba, Zazie Beetz, Regina King, Delroy Lindo, LaKeith Stanfield, RJ Cyler, Edi Gathegi, Danielle Deadwyler and Deon Cole.
Directed by Jeymes Samuel and produced by Shawn 'Jay Z' Carter James Lassiter, Jeymes Samuel and Lawrence Bender.

This joint is gonna be fire!!

I enjoyed the whole Squid Game series except the last 5-10 minutes FOH with that BS :lol:

ETA, I watched it dubbed when I feel like reading I'll grab a book.

I'm probably remembering wrong but I thought they said the sequel would take place before the last movie and probably continue that way.

There have been rumors of an origin story for Saju, so that's where the confusion may lie. Extraction 2 is going to be a sequel.

Back
Top Bottom