The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Ended up finishing Squid Games in subs because of 212. Like she's already meant to be annoying but you add this wild shouty grating Karen voice.

I had Squid Game dubbed and also with subtitles

The only thing that was annoying was some of their voices, like the crazy chick and the young chick. They didn't really match or were too over the top.

Watching Squid Games on subs first, then did these English VO's, nope, lol. Subs > VO. On EP7 so far.

Also started watching Alice in Boarderland (it was reccomended, assuming because of Squid Games). I was lost after 30 mins. When dude in the room started talking about the size of the room, the bmw outside and steps it takes to go from one side of the room to the other. I turned that **** off, lol.

I like "dark"
Just finished episode 6
Was kinda confused in the beginning but I'm following it better now.
Cinematography is really good.

I hope everything is explained.

It’s amazing and it does get explained but it gets really, really complicated later.
Yeah that is what did it in for me, show really had me hooked first and some of second season. However when season 3 came out, everything flipped on it's head.
Interesting that out of all netflix shows that became the most popular ever.
Crazy it is usually the movies or shows that get rejected that have the biggest draw.
8 Hit Movies That Were Originally Rejected by Studios | Mental Floss
Pulp Fiction
Back to the Future
ET
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Twilight

I get that much. What im saying is I thought the translated script they were reading was also the subtitles that I would be reading should I choose that route.
It is.
I think the point being made by the homies that decided to with with subtitles instead of voiceover was the annoyance of the voices doing voice over, not the translation. The Subtitles and voiceovers are indetical.

Usually stuff isn't able to be translated word for word or dialogue is changed to make more sense in whatever language is being spoken (dubbed).

No it isn't. The dubs and subtitles said things differently. That's one of the main reasons I hate watching shows dubbed. This show was no different.
The English voice over is jndetical to the sub titles.
Lol, the subtitles are preloaded based on the script that the Voice over actors are also reading.

I watch every show with Subtitles.
I forget which show it was, TUDORS maybe, it was a period piece but, the accents were so heavy(Peaky Blinders maybe) that even though it was in English, I still needed subtitles to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Anyway, after watching that series I was so used to watching with subtitles that now, the only thing that I will watch without subs is SPORTS, and that’s because the words get in the way of play.

Its pretty easy to tell and be sure.

Watch a scene dubbed and then rewatch the same scene with subtitles to see if its the same script and dialog.

Last edited:
Its pretty easy to tell and be sure.

Watch a scene dubbed and then rewatch the same scene with subtitles to see of its the same script and dialog.
That’s why I’m saying what I’m saying.
100% of what I watch is with subtitles.
Now granted, probably only 2-5% of those are shows like Money Heist of Gomorrah or Squid Game where the Original show is in a different language so to watch in English you have to watch with voiceover, so every voiceover show I’ve ever watched is watched with subs on as well, and there might be one or two instances during an entire Season where the voice over doesn’t match the subtitles.

In fact, the entire time I was watching Swuid Game I only noticed 1 instance( and there are 9 one hour eps) where the voice over didn’t match the sub titles and that was in epsidoe 1 when Gi-Un was at the Horse Track with his buddy and his Horse lost.
The line he said was something like “you have to be a pretty bad Animal to lose like that” but the subs read “you have to be a bad animal to lose like that”……they missed the word “pretty”…..or something like that.

it was the only time all Series I noticed a difference in voice over and subs

Now if you watch Squid Game in its native Hungal instead of English voice over, then of course the Hungal isn’t going to match what the English subs are saying, because it doesn’t exactly translate.

That was some of our concerns in here with Squid Games (specifically the Female characters) was that we could tell that the English voice over didn’t seem to be close to what the native tongue or script was trying to convey, and that was based on the facial expressions and acting of the Actor/Actress in comparison to the English subtitles, at least for me anyway.

sidenote: I caught do 2-3 of The Morning Show lastnight and God Damn, so good. Show is cooking with grease.
I still need to finish Goliath recent Season, it for some reason I wasn’t feeling it this Season.

Waiting on the thread to come through with another suggestion.

Also way behind in the new Challenge on MTV.
Show sucks this Season.
Paramount needs to hit with another Season of the AllStar OG OLDHEADS

Back
Top Bottom