The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

No it isn't. The dubs and subtitles said things differently. That's one of the main reasons I hate watching shows dubbed. This show was no different.
exactly. in some cases, the subtitle also is different from what is actually being said in the native language. like the interpretation is different. point is, you just can't translate word for word as it would make the dialogue quite awkward and out of place. I've learned this when I was studying some languages in the past. like a certain word could mean something innocent but it commonly used as something perverse.

I watch every show with Subtitles.
I forget which show it was, TUDORS maybe, it was a period piece but, the accents were so heavy(Peaky Blinders maybe) that even though it was in English, I still needed subtitles to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Anyway, after watching that series I was so used to watching with subtitles that now, the only thing that I will watch without subs is SPORTS, and that’s because the words get in the way of play.
same here. I wouldn't use it for sports either. I commonly used it when watching the news. you think Tudors was challenging, try watching Outlander.

same here. I wouldn't use it for sports either. I commonly used it when watching the news. you think Tudors was challenging, try watching Outlander.
Man I was so into Outlander Seasons 1 and Season 2.
I think it was Season 3 or 4 that I stopped on. I started watching Barbarians and Brittania and never went back to Outlander.

Man I was so into Outlander Seasons 1 and Season 2.
I think it was Season 3 or 4 that I stopped on. I started watching Barbarians and Brittania and never went back to Outlander.
only got into it because of my lady. not my thing but I could sit and watch it. kinda funny since we started using heavy English words with accents at home.

I watch every show with Subtitles.
I forget which show it was, TUDORS maybe, it was a period piece but, the accents were so heavy(Peaky Blinders maybe) that even though it was in English, I still needed subtitles to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Anyway, after watching that series I was so used to watching with subtitles that now, the only thing that I will watch without subs is SPORTS, and that’s because the words get in the way of play.
Only time I do subtitles is if i cant understand the native language and no dubbing is available. People who talk about the original language not being translated correctly may have a point but I dont speak the native language so ignorance is my bliss in that aspect...

With all that slapping in the first episode, you will really get shook.
Bro - when I watched the first episode I thought it was a harmless game of red light, green light but when the doll pulled out the toolie :wow:

On episode 3 now. Glad they brought back the games because I was a little disappointed with episode 2

Just saw them ice mad folks for not passing the carving game :wow: I’m all in on this show. Four more games to go as well :smokin

OA Part 2 Episode 1(new territory, originally only watched the first part when it dropped)

After asking what hell is going on for the millionth time
Zendaya shows up:wow::wow::wow:

Has “Dark” been discussed yet in here? My favorite show on Netflix by a large margin.

Show is so good but I never recommend it to anyone because it's hard to follow and most people won't "get it" because of short attention span these days.

I think it is the highest rated show on review sites too but not 100%.

Not too many shows I would put above Breaking Bad but Dark is in a league of its own.

I actually lucked out and started watching it right before season 3 came out so I watched out season 1 & 2 and then like a week or few days later season 3 dropped and first show I would say pulled off a flawless perfection confusing mindfruck.

I even bought a memorabilia thing off etsy of it that hangs in my office at work.

The husband and wife that created it are working on another project... can't wait.

Most might not share my thoughts on the show but those that do... they get it. There's a subreddit for it too.

"The end is the beginning and the beginning is the end"

"Dark" reminds me of steins gate.

I'm slightly confused but intrigued.
I hope it ends well

Oh my friend if you ride it out you'll get to enjoy a masterpiece.

I'm not going to spoil it for you but just pay attention and you'll hopefully enjoy the show.

Don't look anything up wait until after you finish it and then look stuff up if you're still confused.

Show is so good but I never recommend it to anyone because it's hard to follow and most people won't "get it" because of short attention span these days.

I think it is the highest rated show on review sites too but not 100%.

Not too many shows I would put above Breaking Bad but Dark is in a league of its own.

I actually lucked out and started watching it right before season 3 came out so I watched out season 1 & 2 and then like a week or few days later season 3 dropped and first show I would say pulled off a flawless perfection confusing mindfruck.

I even bought a memorabilia thing off etsy of it that hangs in my office at work.

The husband and wife that created it are working on another project... can't wait.

Most might not share my thoughts on the show but those that do... they get it. There's a subreddit for it too.

"The end is the beginning and the beginning is the end"
The ONLY way to watch it is they way you did and the way you can watch it now which is all 3 seasons, seeing how all 3seasons are out, and it’s done.
I had to rewatch Season 1 before I watched Season 2, and then I had to rewatch Season 1 and 2 before Season 3, and I STILL found new **** and closedplot holes that I had in my head from things I forgot and missed.
Show is absolutely perfect for binge.
8/8

Subs >>>>>>>>>

The dubs are almost always cheesy voice overs, that leave a lot of the emotion out. I’m glad I was forced to watch Dragon Ball GT episodes from Japan as an 11 year old to prepare my eyes/brain for that.

Some people really struggle with watching stuff with subtitles. My girl hates it. It makes watching foreign stuff with her annoying :lol: :smh:

Has “Dark” been discussed yet in here? My favorite show on Netflix by a large margin.

Gotta get back to Dark. Started it, rocked with it….but life and time got cut :lol:.

Ozarks prolly my favorite show on Netflix. Everything fell off. The writing in Narcos got worse too. And that used to be one of them ones.

Finished on my block season finale...
And cant believe how the netflix let the interns write the script.. this last season was all over the place. Smh

They had a dubbed version of City of God? :sick:

Only dubs I could rock with were Jackie Chan flicks and other martial Arts joints. Simply cuz they were about action.

Imagine watching a dubbed Parasite :smh:

I've watched seasons 1 & 2 of Dark twice

Both times I fell off at season 3 once the 5th timeline (or w/e it is) gets introduced :lol:

I do plan on finishing it at some point...

Back
Top Bottom