The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

No way I could/would do this.
I have about 35 shows on NEFTLIX that are Original Content shows that can only be caught on NETFLIX.
I'm in too deep to Cancel.
Hell even if NETFLIX was $39 per month and I could have 3-4 Other Streamers combined like hulu/disney/prime/HBOmax I'd take NETFLIX.
Every Month there is a NETFLIX Original that is ongoing that I'm invested in.......
When it reaches $99 per month, I will be there watching and complaining, but paying....

at $99 i’m definitely splitting that account with >10 people

Yea watched the first 4 episodes of Selena last night.

kinda cheesy. Same feel as kobra kai and on my block

This is why I never could get myself to watch either of those shows. Kinda surprised Cobra Kai got so much love on here. Atleast with OMB, everyone that liked it admitted it was corny.

This is why I never could get myself to watch either of those shows. Kinda surprised Cobra Kai got so much love on here. Atleast with OMB, everyone that liked it admitted it was corny.

cobra kai is cheesy for sure.. i was surprised i liked it that much, despite not caring much for the original karate kid series. but i think folks like the redemption story of an anti-hero/villain

my memory is betraying me but i can’t think of another time where they had a spin off show based on a former villain

Nah nothing like Cobra Kai at all which was entertaining, this is just cheesy, and kind of boring. Probably won't finish and love Selena and the movie.

Damn M Mark Antony
That’s pretty harsh if you don’t even feel like finishing it. I can understand that feeling, I’ve quit my fair share of shows, but no way on this one. I think a lot of that “cheesiness” feeling comes from the character JLo built in Selena the FILM. She was Selena for most people. My exposure to Selena WAS that film, and I loved it. Her playful cute cattiness was so RAW and enduring and whether she’s a good actress or not, that was a defining role. Christian Serratos has built her Selena on JLo’s, at least that’s what it feels like to me, and I love it, it feels very authentic, all of the characters are great and I care for all of them.

I read a Review on this show after the first episode.(by far the worst episode for me so far)
The reason I did though was I felt that cheesy vibe and I was afraid they were going to butcher it, so I wanted to see some other opinions on it.

He spends the first part of the review absolutely blasting the show, yet he loved it and even writes that he does. His reasoning wasn’t as simple as it being “cheesy” butat the same time it was, he just said it better.

I’m loving it. I’m on episode 6 so I’m starting to get sad that it’s about to end and she’s about to die, again. Missing a show that hasn’t ended yet, then I know they’ve done a great job.

I made a day out of watching Citizen Kane and Mank back to back yesterday. I remember having to watch Citizen Kane in college. It was interesting to see the story play out with older eyes, and in such a similar climate in 2020.

Mank was cool. The real feat was how it was shot. They did a great job of almost recreating the feel of Citizen Kane at some points, but ultimately the story just isn’t really compelling enough. If you’re have an appreciation for Citizen Kane and know the story of how the film was made, I’d definitely suggest checking it out. Far from a must see movie, though.

Citizen Kane - 7.9/8
Mank - 5/8

Finally started 'Umbrella Academy'. Seven episodes in and I'm very intrigued.

Ellen/Elliot Page kills it. Mary J. Blige's role is so random and odd. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom