The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I've gotta question for any of you
AirMax-ologists out there? What causes an Airbubble to fog? I mean You may have the same year shoes that are both DS and one may have a foggy bubble and one may not? Wear being taken out of the equation, is it enviornment? Hot or Cold? Just wondering. Thanks [emoji]128074[/emoji]
the air unit will get less well sealed through the years and then moisture from the humidity sneaks into the air unit, in places where it is very warm and humid i will happen faster than in cold and dry places on the planet

the air unit will get less well sealed through the years and then moisture from the humidity sneaks into the air unit, in places where it is very warm and humid i will happen faster than in cold and dry places on the planet
Thank you. The pairs that I've been getting from the UK have all had beautiful clear bubbles! Now I'm sure y'all have foggy bubbles too, but it seems less than the US. Specifically the more humid south? That's just been my experience. Maybe I'll have to just keep eating the shipping costs, worth it IMO. Thanks fam[emoji]128074[/emoji]

Thank you. The pairs that I've been getting from the UK have all had beautiful clear bubbles! Now I'm sure y'all have foggy bubbles too, but it seems less than the US. Specifically the more humid south? That's just been my experience. Maybe I'll have to just keep eating the shipping costs, worth it IMO. Thanks fam[emoji]128074[/emoji]
you're welcome

As of now, I like the bag more than the shoes. :/
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Dusted these off today. 2004 Jeff Staple "Navigation Pack" The Lasering on these is so dope. I'm still looking for the Woman's CW in my size :nerd:

Dusted these off today. 2004 Jeff Staple "Navigation Pack" The Lasering on these is so dope. I'm still looking for the Woman's CW in my size
nerd.gif
Excuse my ignorance bc I'm pretty new to this game, but Jeff Staple is the guy that did the Pigeon SB Dunk right? I had heard of the shoe but didn't realize how big of a deal it was when it was released until I watched a doc on Netflix recently.

Excuse my ignorance bc I'm pretty new to this game, but Jeff Staple is the guy that did the Pigeon SB Dunk right? I had heard of the shoe but didn't realize how big of a deal it was when it was released until I watched a doc on Netflix recently.
yes.  i watched 25% of that doc.  i refuse to support it and the reseller propaganda.  such a poorly done documentary with featured people that lack credibility.  its a "just for kicks" rip off. 

Last edited:

yes.  i watched 25% of that doc.  i refuse to support it and the reseller propaganda.  such a poorly done documentary with featured people that lack credibility.  
Reseller propaganda? I must not have caught that. They showed some hardcore collectors and some designers. That's what I took from it.

Reseller propaganda? I must not have caught that. They showed some hardcore collectors and some designers. That's what I took from it.
yeah im just being hypersensitive.  the doc just lacks character and passion.  i went over this in the sb thread, but i dgaf about jeremy guthrie or wale, or any big time celebrity with disposable income self proclaiming to be a collector.  

yeah im just being hypersensitive.  the doc just lacks character and passion.  i went over this in the sb thread, but i dgaf about jeremy guthrie or wale, or any big time celebrity with disposable income self proclaiming to be a collector.  
idk man Guthrie rocked some Mags in warmups for the World Series last year. That was pretty awesome. I get what you're saying though. Would be cool to see a couple guys that have to grind to build a collection opposed to a guy that just buys it bc he doesn't care about the money but that'd be boring for the most part. Going with the rich guys they got to show some sick stuff. Guthrie vault was absurd. Here's Guthrie btw.

idk man Guthrie rocked some Mags in warmups for the World Series last year. That was pretty awesome. I get what you're saying though. Would be cool to see a couple guys that have to grind to build a collection opposed to a guy that just buys it bc he doesn't care about the money but that'd be boring for the most part. Going with the rich guys they got to show some sick stuff. Guthrie vault was absurd. Here's Guthrie btw.
not to completely derail this thread: 

i only speak for myself. y'all can love or hate it but when i watch docs, have convos, spend time on NT, or even have self introspective evaluations, i have the expectation that i am part of a sub culture in a symbiotic relationship.  i begin watching a doc like sneakerheadz with the mindset that, yes, this collection of people get me.  theyve lived what ive lived.  theyve sat on a sidewalk, waiting to get some sneakers, only to be disappointed because he or she was one man short of making that door.  i want to know theyve spent hard earned money for something that shouldnt even be worthy of getting the money.  

i dont see that.  

i see a celebrity texting his assistant, hey please make sure you contact whoever needs to know that i want these, and use my petty cash fund.  and have it there when i fly back to LA.  or oh great nike sent me these "air maxes" (which is what people who dont know anything about a silhouette, and just blanketing them as "air maxes"), put them in the "red closet."  

this is a reference to cc sabathia or camron or whoever.  

im not promoting masters of air vol. 1, because im sure several of them, if not many more to come are of this higher echelon, but the few average joes hunting for sneakers as we do, makes me feel apart of something special.

i do commend you @dblplay1212  for seeing the entertainment value in stuff like this, i guess i just selfishly make it more about me.  

i apologize for the candid, and at times nonsensical logic.  im at the end of my cutting diet cycle, so im very irritable.   

Last edited:
Yes he did the "Pigeon Dunks" amongst others. His name is Jeff Ng. He's a designer and founder of "Staple Design". He's still doing a lot of collabo's using that classic "Pigeon" colored CW.

Back
Top Bottom