The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

not to completely derail this thread: 

i only speak for myself. y'all can love or hate it but when i watch docs, have convos, spend time on NT, or even have self introspective evaluations, i have the expectation that i am part of a sub culture in a symbiotic relationship.  i begin watching a doc like sneakerheadz with the mindset that, yes, this collection of people get me.  theyve lived what ive lived.  theyve sat on a sidewalk, waiting to get some sneakers, only to be disappointed because he or she was one man short of making that door.  i want to know theyve spent hard earned money for something that shouldnt even be worthy of getting the money.  

i dont see that.  

i see a celebrity texting his assistant, hey please make sure you contact whoever needs to know that i want these, and use my petty cash fund.  and have it there when i fly back to LA.  or oh great nike sent me these "air maxes" (which is what people who dont know anything about a silhouette, and just blanketing them as "air maxes"), put them in the "red closet."  

this is a reference to cc sabathia or camron or whoever.  

im not promoting masters of air vol. 1, because im sure several of them, if not many more to come are of this higher echelon, but the few average joes hunting for sneakers as we do, makes me feel apart of something special.

i do commend you @dblplay1212  for seeing the entertainment value in stuff like this, i guess i just selfishly make it more about me.  

i apologize for the candid, and at times nonsensical logic.  im at the end of my cutting diet cycle, so im very irritable.   
I see where you're coming from. I just view it differently. I don't care what someone has to go through to get the shoes, I just care that they are knowledgeable and appreciate them. Part of that is the fact that I've never camped, I'm sure. I didn't get into sneakers until my mid-30's and I was financially stable enough at that point to start buying this and that when I wanted to. It's more of a hunt than a grind to me, if that makes sense. I don't think that makes me less of a sneaker guy but I can see how guys that have camped and put in work would look at me as somewhat of a poser. I'm not a poser, I'm just an old guy that appreciates sneakers. I really don't fit the mold at all. I still wear my old white guy uniform, khaki shorts and a Polo, but I'll have some fresh kicks on.

Yes he did the "Pigeon Dunks" amongst others. His name is Jeff Ng. He's a designer and founder of "Staple Design". He's still doing a lot of collabo's using that classic "Pigeon" colored CW.
Has there ever been a men's AM1 or AM90 in the pigeon colorway? I think I saw a women's AM1 but never a men's.

I see where you're coming from. I just view it differently. I don't care what someone has to go through to get the shoes, I just care that they are knowledgeable and appreciate them. Part of that is the fact that I've never camped, I'm sure. I didn't get into sneakers until my mid-30's and I was financially stable enough at that point to start buying this and that when I wanted to. It's more of a hunt than a grind to me, if that makes sense. I don't think that makes me less of a sneaker guy but I can see how guys that have camped and put in work would look at me as somewhat of a poser. I'm not a poser, I'm just an old guy that appreciates sneakers. I really don't fit the mold at all. I still wear my old white guy uniform, khaki shorts and a Polo, but I'll have some fresh kicks on.
in no way am i taking anything away from you or anyone and their history with sneakers.  and in no way am i saying that someone camping out makes them a sneakerhead.  hypebeasts who only buy hyperlebrons 13.5 shattered blackboard unfuturalons camp out so the notion is subjective.  

thats why the documentary, so liberally and appropriately titled "sneakerheadz" is a product of its own design.  its kitsch, plain and simple.  for me, it was a total miss.  didnt showcase great stuff, only hype, had collectors i cant identify with, and wasnt relative.  the best part was showcasing atmos, but again, it was so business driven, and not culture driven.  but at the same time, i guess you could say, they go hand in hand. 

Last edited:

in no way am i taking anything away from you or anyone and their history with sneakers.  and in no way am i saying that someone camping out makes them a sneakerhead.  hypebeasts who only buy hyperlebrons 13.5 shattered blackboard unfuturalons camp out so the notion is subjective.  
No offense taken. Like I said, I can see how a young dude that puts in a lot of work to get a pair of shoes that I just cop on the internet regardless of price would look at me as an old white dude trying to get into their game. Or an older guy that used to put in work when he was younger. I can relate. I was really big into Jeeps when I was younger. I saved up money for 3 years to buy an old beater. I was salty as **** when a Sr guy in my office dropped $60k on a new one to let it sit in his garage. Now I'm that guy with 2 in my garage with no tops bc I only drive them when it's rainy out. I'm sure some young guy in my office hates my guts but that's life. I didn't really mean to get off on this topic. I get what you're saying though. The doc related to me bc I'm kind of the same way those guys are, on a much lower level. Guys that appreciate shoes but aren't really "in the culture." You wanted it to related to the more diehard culture dudes. I get it man. All good.

Last edited:

No offense taken. Like I said, I can see how a young dude that puts in a lot of work to get a pair of shoes that I just cop on the internet regardless of price would look at me as an old white dude trying to get into their game. Or an older guy that used to put in work when he was younger. I can relate. I was really big into Jeeps when I was younger. I saved up money for 3 years to buy an old beater. I was salty as **** when a Sr guy in my office dropped $60k on a new one to let it sit in his garage. Now I'm that guy with 2 in my garage with no tops bc I only drive them when it's rainy out. I'm sure some young guy in my office hates my guts but that's life. I didn't really mean to get off on this topic. I get what you're saying though. The doc related to me bc I'm kind of the same way those guys are, on a much lower level. Guys that appreciate shoes but aren't really "in the culture." You wanted it to related to the more diehard culture dudes. I get it man. All good.
exactly!  its about ownership of the culture and being esoteric.  i know it sounds snooty, but its true.  you as a jeep guy knows this better than anyone.  with your JKs and TJs and hating on the sahara square lights, you get it.  
tongue.gif

Has there ever been a men's AM1 or AM90 in the pigeon colorway? I think I saw a women's AM1 but never a men's.
You probably mean these

View media item 2217669
but as there was no connection at all between the shoes and Staple I don't see why they should be called Pigeons.
That's just all hypebeasting. As do the clowns that will name every black/red release Breds.

Listen, no one on this thread needs to explain themselves or justify their "sneakerheadness" lol. Just being on and participating in this thread has earned your seat. IMO. Seeking further knowledge and appreciation for them is all that's required. We're all in different financial situations, having more money or more sneakers doesn't make you more of a SneakerHead/collector. It's about passion and appreciation. Also, us heads in the "older" crowd shouldn't be Lookin like these young cats anyway. Let them have their time and style, we did?

exactly!  its about ownership of the culture and being esoteric.  i know it sounds snooty, but its true.  you as a jeep guy knows this better than anyone.  with your JKs and TJs and hating on the sahara square lights, you get it.  
tongue.gif
Square lights = Air Monarchs
mean.gif

I have to be snooty here though. Square lights have nothing to do with it being a Sahara. The square headlights were on the YJ's, made form 87-95. Sahara is the highest interior trim level of a Jeep, think AM1 Pinnacle. You can go buy a Sahara today and you'll have the class round lights.

You probably mean these

but as there was no connection at all between the shoes and Staple I don't see why they should be called Pigeons.
That's just all hypebeasting. As do the clowns that will name every black/red release Breds.
Yep! That's them. I've seen them listed as Pigeons before. Probably someone trying to get more $ than they are worth. I do like that colorway though.

Square lights = Air Monarchs
mean.gif

I have to be snooty here though. Square lights have nothing to do with it being a Sahara. The square headlights were on the YJ's, made form 87-95. Sahara is the highest interior trim level of a Jeep, think AM1 Pinnacle. You can go buy a Sahara today and you'll have the class round lights.
ah ha!!!  now imagine seeing me on a diluted jeep documentary with my lifted 60k arctic JK talking this nonsense like im a force in the game.  its disrespectful.  but guess what, "i had the cash for it and my ucle works for fiat, so what does it matter." im beating a dead horse, but thank you for understanding my bad attitude about it. 

Last edited:
Listen, no one on this thread needs to explain themselves or justify their "sneakerheadness" lol. Just being on and participating in this thread has earned your seat. IMO. Seeking further knowledge and appreciation for them is all that's required. We're all in different financial situations, having more money or more sneakers doesn't make you more of a SneakerHead/collector. It's about passion and appreciation. Also, us heads in the "older" crowd shouldn't be Lookin like these young cats anyway. Let them have their time and style, we did?
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit these young cats don't have style. All they do is make new versions of the OG's we used to wear as kids.

I kid, I kid.

ah ha!!!  now imagine seeing me on a diluted jeep documentary with my lifted 60k arctic JK talking this nonsense like im a force in the game.  its disrespectful.  but guess what, i had the cash for it and my ucle works for dc, so what does it matter.  im beating a dead horse, but thank you for understanding my bad attitude about it. 
haha I get it man. I appreciate you not looking down on me for not having the same background as you. In the end, we can all appreciate shoes, no matter what we have, don't' have, or what we did or didn't do to get them.

LPU- 2005 [emoji]127805[/emoji]Maize[emoji]127805[/emoji] Very clean, great condition. I've been after this CW for a hot minute. Very excited to add them to the family. Super plush and comfortable!

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 Thanks for the heads up, A good price on Infras is always welcomed.

AirLoMax614 AirLoMax614 Interesting spin. A mix between that AM1 2014 "air max day" release and an Infrared?

Back
Top Bottom