The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Since Stranger Things season 2 is coming I'll share what I found in season 1 year ago. It's year 1983 and some dude rocks AM90) Don't get me wrong, I really like this tv-series. Just a "strange thing" I've noticed)
FJphwB1.jpg

Whats the difference in the various infrared models??? I see hyperfuse / em / patch / og.....ive seen the flyknit 2.0 but what are the differences in the others? Want something thatll last a while as its for rocking not collecting. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Whats the difference in the various infrared models??? I see hyperfuse / em / patch / og.....ive seen the flyknit 2.0 but what are the differences in the others? Want something thatll last a while as its for rocking not collecting. Any help is appreciated.

yeah it’s all materials.

Essential/PRM/LTR mainly have natural materials, leather, suede, nubuck etc and mesh or leather toebox. (OG build)

EM Is engineered mesh. All mesh upper. Much lighter and breathable.

Hyperfuse is synthetics fused together. Seamless upper.

Tape is similar to Hyperfuse I think?

Patch come with interchangeable Velcro patches.

There’s definitely more to it, but that’s the basics of it.

But when it comes to Infrared 90s it’s OG build all day. With the exception of ‘12 Hyperfuse and ‘08 currents imo

the materials are different

Appreciate the response, was more interested in which version holds up the best long term?
But when it comes to Infrared 90s it’s OG build all day. With the exception of ‘12 Hyperfuse and ‘08 currents imo

Thats what I wanted to know, thanks! Will keep my eyes out for the OG or Hyperfuse and cop if I can find a decent price.

Do all of the flyknit 90's run huge like the infrareds? They are on sale on NDC and you can get another 20% off so they end up being $104.

Back
Top Bottom