The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

A while ago, I thought about getting the Air Max 90 volts, but I decided to not go through with it. Well, 2 months later, here we are seeing deals after deals while we're stuck in our own homes, so I caved. :frown: $78 shipped on Nike.com after Rakuten cashback + bonus for the volts... $71 shipped from Premier for the Sails.

Speaking of sizing, I've gone true to size with the Volts and 1/2 size up in the Sails. I thought I needed to go 1/2 size up, but I forget that the materials will stretch, so it was too late to change my order by then. No harm though! :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT - oh yeah, these ACTUALLY have some cushion/give... compared to the Off-White x Nike AM90s I had a while back that felt stiff as hell.

49706517447_6681180969_b.jpg

49706516297_2a3d62e7c7_b.jpg
Yeah. Theres a reason we’re all fanatics over this model in here. Its only a matter of time until the casual consumers catch on. I think the trash oldmold is making people apprehensive. They have give because its an all new platform

tonytobacco tonytobacco - Ooh I see. I like this new "recraft" approach done on the Air Max 90s, especially when they go into the tooling of it!

You know what I also appreciate? The way this 30-year anniversary was handled for the Air Max 90s vs. the 30-year anniversary for the Air Max 1s. The fact that Nike did a better recraft (in my opinion, please don't attack me) by fixing up the Air cushioning that people can feel along with the OG-style colors along with the original box style and its extras... and the fact that they're so widely available that many of us could grab on discount! I love that. The Reverse Duck Camo, in my opinion, could've been handled better for those who wanted it, I guess, but it's not like you have to pay for an arm and a leg.

That arm-and-leg process went for the damn Air Max 1 anniversary back in 2017. My goodness... that was a ****show massacre. I remember it all too well among many of us here in the community. Non-stop frustrations having to jump over hurdles just to get even ONE pair of Air Max 1s. I get it's such an amazing shoe and it IS the first Air Max shoe that began it all, but damn... people wanted to eat and eat peacefully.

I wonder if John Donahoe may have had a say in the process? I don't know. Sorry. Long post; just wanted to share my appreciation during this time of uncertainty. :smile:

Last edited:
tonytobacco tonytobacco - Ooh I see. I like this new "recraft" approach done on the Air Max 90s, especially when they go into the tooling of it!

You know what I also appreciate? The way this 30-year anniversary was handled for the Air Max 90s vs. the 30-year anniversary for the Air Max 1s. The fact that Nike did a better recraft (in my opinion, please don't attack me) by fixing up the Air cushioning that people can feel along with the OG-style colors along with the original box style and its extras... and the fact that they're so widely available that many of us could grab on discount! I love that. The Reverse Duck Camo, in my opinion, could've been handled better for those who wanted it, I guess, but it's not like you have to pay for an arm and a leg.

That arm-and-leg process went for the damn Air Max 1 anniversary back in 2017. My goodness... that was a ****show massacre. I remember it all too well among many of us here in the community. Non-stop frustrations having to jump over hurdles just to get even ONE pair of Air Max 1s. I get it's such an amazing shoe and it IS the first Air Max shoe that began it all, but damn... people wanted to eat and eat peacefully.

I wonder if John Donahoe may have had a say in the process? I don't know. Sorry. Long post; just wanted to share my appreciation during this time of uncertainty. :smile:
Speaking of the AM1 anniversary, is there any difference from the restock pairs that dropped later that year??

Quality was a little better on the March pairs but honestly it's not all that noticeable. The biggest things is the March pair had an eyelet that matched the mudguard while the restock pairs had a darker one.
Thanks for the feedback, was looking for a pair and price difference is about 200ish.

Thanks for the feedback, was looking for a pair and price difference is about 200ish.
Yea for most people it's not worth it. If you're going to beat them, just get the restock. If you want them for collection purposes and to wear a couple times a year, maybe March. Or get both and beat the restock and keep the March pair crispy for when you want to have a clean pair. That's what I do.

Yea for most people it's not worth it. If you're going to beat them, just get the restock. If you want them for collection purposes and to wear a couple times a year, maybe March. Or get both and beat the restock and keep the March pair crispy for when you want to have a clean pair. That's what I do.
Appreciate the feedback man. Gonna look into copping the restock pair first, then go after the March pair.

Don't know how you guys manage to wear pairs like the new Duck Camo... Not hating, I like (very much - strangely) the model but I know I wouldn't dare putting it on feet :lol:

I'm an air max enthusiast waiting for more infos about OG Laser Blue and Spruces

Need more that that? If you don't have anything constructive to say - btw it's a public forum - just refrain :wink:

It's not because you're in here since 2004 with 1000 messages that you're "someone", those posts won't get you anywhere in life :lol:

I'm an air max enthusiast waiting for more infos about OG Laser Blue and Spruces

Need more that that? If you don't have anything constructive to say - btw it's a public forum - just refrain :wink:

It's not because you're in here since 2004 with 1000 messages that you're "someone", those posts won't get you anywhere in life :lol:
It’s not about “points”

You don’t just walk into a thread and **** on the kicks the thread is about. You will experience heavy incoming fire ask me how I know. Banned from am1 thread :lol:

It’s not about “points”

You don’t just walk into a thread and **** on the kicks the thread is about. You will experience heavy incoming fire ask me how I know. Banned from am1 thread :lol:

Don't know how you guys manage to wear pairs like the new Duck Camo... Not hating, I like (very much - strangely) the model but I know I wouldn't dare putting it on feet :lol:

lol, there's obviously no point commenting further on this

I usually gravitate to more practical colorways so I can see where you're coming from. if I like something enough though, I'll think less about how to pull them off and just find some way to make them work even if they are louder.

You said it. This campaign blows the 87 campaign out of the water. It just makes me think about what couldve been. But i then also think about the rock hard midsoles on 1s. They didnt recraft then enough apparently. Multiple og inspired colorways of the 1s wouldve been great. But the really went all out on the shoes and entire presentation of the whole package with these. Nikes best work in a long time.

Theres a short vid somewhere in here of the 2 people responsible for the process. Its pretty dope, they seeme enthusiastic enough for the job.

Back
Top Bottom