The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

In 1990, the Air Max line took a fateful leap forward with the debut of a silhouette that quickly transcended its purpose of performance running. Younger audiences may know this look as the Air Max 90, but upon its debut the design was seen as an evolution of the original Air Max from 1987, and given a fitting name: the Air Max III.

This edition celebrates the timeless style by returning to that original moniker, while recreating its earliest execution with unmatched dedication to detail. That includes original tooling, with tapered midsole foam and an encapsulated airbag in the forefoot, and updated rubber traction. The look sports an OG laser blue colour palette while incorporating original materials like soft, durable synthetic leather and shimmering nylon. This release even arrives in an OG Air Max box, with an accompanying throwback hang tag.
🤣 I guess I should’ve bothered to read the description. I just saw the name listed LOL

Anyone in the DMV area know if any local stores actually got LBs & EPs? (I would call around but employees are literally acting like they’ve never heard of an AM90 before Lol)

Because you need to refer to them as Air Max III's.

I like those Surplus ones a lot. Actually, like all 3 colors. Hopefully, they will go all the way from SNKRS release to the sales rack just like those Eggplants & all black multiple textiles pairs did...

Finally pulled the triggers for two pairs of LBs...hope they don't screw me with low quality pairs as the sale is final lol
1601771189172.png

Apparently Nike CA doesn't have bigger than size US9 because the other countries (heard we shared the stock with EU) took it all :lol: And to add insult to injury there was only two shops nationwide (!!) that got these :lol:
At least got the shops were in Ontario not in Quebec (15% lol)

Now I'll be waiting to see the Infrareds and the Hot Spruces...
You’ll be fine. I am in Canada too and this Laser Blue release was silly. I got 2 pairs 2 months ago from a Euro site and another yesterday from Capsule. I’ve probably held 8-10 different pairs from friends and such from this release and I’ll tell you these and the Eggplants are A1 all the way through.

In 1990, the Air Max line took a fateful leap forward with the debut of a silhouette that quickly transcended its purpose of performance running. Younger audiences may know this look as the Air Max 90, but upon its debut the design was seen as an evolution of the original Air Max from 1987, and given a fitting name: the Air Max III.
Back then they were never called Air Max III though, but simply Air Max.

Back then they were never called Air Max III though, but simply Air Max.
Exactly. I was in 8th grade when these came out so my memory isn’t worth much here, but I can almost guarantee the box label never said anything but Air Max. No one ever called these Air Max III.
It’s all good, though. Jordans never had numbers on the labels, either. We just called them “the new Jordans” when they dropped. This numbered lingo only came after the lines lived long enough, and retros became a thing, for it to matter.
But it’s funny after all of this time that Nike is pushing this Air Max 3 thing as if it’s “OG.” It’s not.

Exactly. I was in 8th grade when these came out so my memory isn’t worth much here, but I can almost guarantee the box label never said anything but Air Max. No one ever called these Air Max III.
It’s all good, though. Jordans never had numbers on the labels, either. We just called them “the new Jordans” when they dropped. This numbered lingo only came after the lines lived long enough, and retros became a thing, for it to matter.
But it’s funny after all of this time that Nike is pushing this Air Max 3 thing as if it’s “OG.” It’s not.

I don’t care what they call it honestly. It has forefoot air and that’s original enough for me. I hope this is a sign that more retros will get an original moniker that includes forefoot air.

Jordans never had numbers on the label? I seem to remember differently.. Hell, they came with a card that told you which number the jordan was. they definitely had the numbers in the old eastbay magazines.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-095608_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-095608_Instagram.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20201004-095654_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-095654_Instagram.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 126
Was supposed to receive the Chutney’s today but instead they shipped these. So. Freakin. Annoying.

FU Hibbett

37BE8263-63F9-449C-8219-9B886D7F3F23.jpeg
The mistake is bad enough but the garbage shoe they sent is a kick in the ding dong. Keep seeing more and more complaints about Hibbetts screwing up shipments.

Jordans never had numbers on the label? I seem to remember differently.. Hell, they came with a card that told you which number the jordan was. they definitely had the numbers in the old eastbay magazines.
Jordans definitely had numbers on the labels. Here's an OG pair of bred 12s from 97 and some other face boxes from 01 and 05
20201004_105616.jpg
20201004_105745.jpg
20201004_105956.jpg
No, they didn’t. Wasn’t talking about retros and 12s. Go look at Jordans from the 80s and first half of the 90s (the era these Air Maxes are from). Box labels just said AIR JORDAN. The numbers thing started later.

I don’t care what they call it honestly. It has forefoot air and that’s original enough for me. I hope this is a sign that more retros will get an original moniker that includes forefoot air.
Oh man I don’t care at all, either. Was just initially curious as to what was going on with the name change after all of these years of everyone calling them AM90s.

Jordans definitely had numbers on the labels. Here's an OG pair of bred 12s from 97 and some other face boxes from 01 and 05
20201004_105616.jpg
20201004_105745.jpg
20201004_105956.jpg

I knew I wasn't trippin lol...

Nah ya'll def trippin.

Dude was obviously talking about the early Jordans as it's well discussed those didn't have numbers applied to them back then.

I think officially it happened around the 7 or 8. Prior to that it was just (at least during when I had them in 88-91, 3-6 era) unofficially referred to the number release by everyone around me growing up, or simply the new Jordan.

I think officially it happened around the 7 or 8. Prior to that it was just (at least during when I had them in 88-91, 3-6 era) unofficially referred to the number release by everyone around me growing up, or simply the new Jordan.
Yeah. Though I think it was later, maybe the 12s. OG Concord box tag just said AIR JORDAN. Doesn’t really matter either way, I didn’t mean to start a whole thing LOL.

EDIT: Thanks, 1978S 1978S ^^^^

Back
Top Bottom