The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Feeling these

Nike-Air-Max-90-University-Gold-On-Feet-WDYWT.jpg

20201006_213302.jpg

20201006_213327.jpg

20201006_201730.jpg

Wow, these are definitely a step up in quality from the recrafts. A few subtle differences compared to the recrafts but they add up to a greater sum, in my opinion. Went with the same size I wear in recrafts and these fit true to size.

I just wish those anatomical arch inserts were actually functional :lol::lol: (I remember they were much more sturdy back in the day, actually providing support, felt like a thick foam, not a flat piece of rubber) but that's the only complaint, shoes are great.

this is probably been answered already but when and why did these become Air Max III?
Following the Air Max 1 the corresponding models were known as the II AND III to some back then. I’ve read some where that it wasn’t until around 99/2000 they were known as 90s.

The name is because they were the 3rd Air Max to release.
Following the Air Max 1 the corresponding models were known as the II AND III to some back then. I’ve read some where that it wasn’t until around 99/2000 they were known as 90s.

yes i knew the timeline i remember owning them... im that old.. lol the air max light came in the middle.. just wanted to know why they reverted back to that name thanks guys!

yes i knew the timeline i remember owning them... im that old.. lol the air max light came in the middle.. just wanted to know why they reverted back to that name thanks guys!
I think they did it to go the extra mile to make these as close to the original as possible, and to distinguish these from the recraft 90s that had released this year. (Also the higher price these have does that)

I've read these have forefoot air (something they had originally but was removed at some point), slight differences in shape and quality, and other features mimicking the originals, such as the use of a vintage-looking size tag and having the shoe size stamped inside the shoe.

Edit: here's one difference I didn't expect: the part of the outsole that's attached to the top of the toecap is completely different on the Air Max III vs the Air Max 90. Wider ridges on the Air Max III vs the Air Max 90. Apparently my pair of volts also have a really poorly cut plastic piece. 😅
20201007_211034.jpg

Last edited:

See below....

I think they did it to go the extra mile to make these as close to the original as possible, and to distinguish these from the recraft 90s that had released this year. (Also the higher price these have does that)

I've read these have forefoot air (something they had originally but was removed at some point), slight differences in shape and quality, and other features mimicking the originals, such as the use of a vintage-looking size tag and having the shoe size stamped inside the shoe.

Looks like thses just went up
Screenshot_20201007-131639_Nike.jpg
What do you mean “went up”? Restock?? I thought they were out in US many months ago tho. They never came out here in JP as fas I know, so I was actually looking for them till someone accepted my bid on stockx for $87 recently....

See below....
Maybe also to take into account is the fact the were simply called air max ,
so if the goal is to recreate them correctly they should not have added the III.
but they have.
In my opinion it is a very intransparent strategy,
so I just cannot tell why they really did it.
but there must be a reason. why give the recraft only recrafted uppers and call it 90 ? and give the III the completely recrafted works down to the red lines under the insole? it is the same shoe!

Very interested in your point of view ,and insights of all members

Back
Top Bottom