The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

My old job was pretty casual so most days I wore AMs or Js. But, by being an invaluable employee and also becoming known as a sneaker-connoisseur, I’d get away with things like being on SNKRS app during meetings or taking 90 minute lunches to go pick up raffle wins. I’d bring the sneakers in for show-and-tell. My co-workers held Off-White Chicago’s in their hands, even though none of them knew (or cared) what they were.

Edit: Forgot to mention, when I finally left the company (after many years), boss gave me a nice Nike gift card. I appreciated the gesture.

My old job was pretty casual so most days I wore AMs or Js. But, by being an invaluable employee and also becoming known as a sneaker-connoisseur, I’d get away with things like being on SNKRS app during meetings or taking 90 minute lunches to go pick up raffle wins. I’d bring the sneakers in for show-and-tell. My co-workers held Off-White Chicago’s in their hands, even though none of them knew (or cared) what they were.

Edit: Forgot to mention, when I finally left the company (after many years), boss gave me a nice Nike gift card. I appreciated the gesture.

Pretty much the same. Couple of years ago, my company dropped the business casual rule since we rarely had clients come in, it's dress casual, but no t-shirts or shorts. Co-workers start to know you as the "sneaker guy". They'll comment on the colors. I may have even used office supplies for shipping to GOAT and Stockx lol. Been fortunate a couple of times to be blessed with Nike Employee Store passes too since everyone knows me as the sneaker guy.

Last edited:
I'm very grateful that I could wear whatever footwear I want at work. I'm in the healthcare field as a nurse, and I'm known as "the sneaker guy" at work :lol:. It's pretty funny because my closest coworkers often tell me that I'm "a bad influence" because I make them (not intentionally lol) spend more money on sneakers :lol: Before I started working at this position, one of those coworkers only wore Cole Haans / business casual footwear. Now, they're wearing Air Maxes, NBs, etc on the daily!

I'm very grateful that I could wear whatever footwear I want at work. I'm in the healthcare field as a nurse, and I'm known as "the sneaker guy" at work :lol:. It's pretty funny because my closest coworkers often tell me that I'm "a bad influence" because I make them (not intentionally lol) spend more money on sneakers :lol: Before I started working at this position, one of those coworkers only wore Cole Haans / business casual footwear. Now, they're wearing Air Maxes, NBs, etc on the daily!
Team #NTscrubs checking in

I'm curious.. anyone here wears sneakers like those (relatively neutral in term of color like these) in a business casual setting? If so, what are the limits and is it because you consider yourself established/experienced?
The previous answers are great, but to give you some usable advice ... you have to make the call based on where you work and what the culture is. I work in media/publishing. In LA. So it's pretty casual in our office during normal times. I can wear anything I want in terms of shoes. But that's where I work, just like the other comments are based on where they work. If I worked in an accounting firm or law office, it probably wouldn't matter that I was "the sneaker guy." If you work somewhere where everyone else is wearing a suit and tie, you aren't wearing sneakers unless you're looking for a new job LOL

If you work somewhere where sneakers are normal, then in my view, it doesn't matter WHICH sneaker you choose to wear. I mean, I'd die laughing if my boss said, yo, THOSE sneakers are inappropriate, but those other ones you wear aren't.

I need a lil help.. I got caught in a downpour and my volt 90s were soaked. Now they have a yellowish tint to the mesh. Any suggestions on getting them whit again? I tried Jason Mark and Crep protect cleaner.. No Bueno. Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.

I'm curious.. anyone here wears sneakers like those (relatively neutral in term of color like these) in a business casual setting? If so, what are the limits and is it because you consider yourself established/experienced?
I only ever got static when I was a FedEx driver. 2015 Infrareds don't meet the dress code but my boss had bigger problems and let it slide. I worked at TV station and it was super casual. I work in an office now and can wear whatever. No dress code is super important to me.

I need a lil help.. I got caught in a downpour and my volt 90s were soaked. Now they have a yellowish tint to the mesh. Any suggestions on getting them whit again? I tried Jason Mark and Crep protect cleaner.. No Bueno. Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question.
Spray white vinegar on the mesh, let it dry in the sun for a bit. Try dish soap first though (I have good luck with dawn)

im a nurse too lol i wear all my shoes and the ladies at work always saying something about them. they cant keep up with my shoe game.

The previous answers are great, but to give you some usable advice ... you have to make the call based on where you work and what the culture is. I work in media/publishing. In LA. So it's pretty casual in our office during normal times. I can wear anything I want in terms of shoes. But that's where I work, just like the other comments are based on where they work. If I worked in an accounting firm or law office, it probably wouldn't matter that I was "the sneaker guy." If you work somewhere where everyone else is wearing a suit and tie, you aren't wearing sneakers unless you're looking for a new job LOL

If you work somewhere where sneakers are normal, then in my view, it doesn't matter WHICH sneaker you choose to wear. I mean, I'd die laughing if my boss said, yo, THOSE sneakers are inappropriate, but those other ones you wear aren't.
This is spot on. Being able to "judge the room" is the key.

nike-air-max-iii-90-archetype-DC7856-100-1.jpg

I keep trying to tell myself that i don't like these...but there is something really cool about them...I think im just a sucker for the new shape...so sleek

I hope they sit and i can find for under retail

lucky for you that beat up pissed on look is in right now :lol: i follow this dude named phillthy on IG and he ****s up shoes for celebs for a living hahahahaha

• Wow
Reactions: 907
Anyone have any leads on where to pick up the blue corks? At this point I assume they're not dropping in the US?
I still haven't forgotten that you asked me if they fit like recrafts this year :lol:

I got my pair from stockx for $120...my size has since dried up on there and they're weren't popping up on ebay

now there's only two asks in my size on stockx, $240 and $269 so hopefully you don't wear size 9.5

To add to the discussion, everywhere I’ve worked you can either wear sneakers on day 1 as long as you have a nice “business casual” outfit on, or once I prove myself, they don’t care. I live in San Diego and California might be more laid back with office attire than other states.

But don't you wear beaters to work? Risky environment? 😅

i wear everything fam...no less risky than you going to the supermarket or subway lol covid literally dont scare me. if that **** had a higher transmission and mortality rate like ebola then you might be on to something. i also dont work inpatient anymore so i dont deal with nasty **** like Cdiff or MRSA anymore, that would be when i have regulated beaters..

Seems like in general it's pretty relaxed.

On my side I could pretty much come up dressed how I wanted in academia, so always wore AMs. However since I transitioned to industry, the most "sneaker" shoe I was able to wear were black Stan Smiths...even if I'm in front of a computer all day -_-

I switched to nike around 1990 , already was wearing sneakers .
Became a musician, for about 15 years but grew tired of the endless failures and started my own small cleaning company and grew a zz top beard .
by then I had no more regular shoes or bosses for that matter .
I'll come to your wedding/funeral or interview in sneakers. no offence intended.

Back
Top Bottom