The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Air Maxes from this year. Nike pulled me back into the AM game heavy.
BCF8F53C-0ACC-419F-9405-F3360580637C.jpeg

i thought my two pairs of infrareds was excessive...i was wrong
I thought my one pair of infrareds was excessive b/c I have too many shoes as it is....I was wrong....
I always love these photos for the same reason. I question myself for buying 20 or so pairs total per year, and 23mj88 23mj88 buys almost 50 pairs of AMs alone, plus everything else. 🤣
By my quick mental count, I think I’ve bought 22 pairs in 2020, and that includes two quadruple ups and two triple ups, and a double up. So I guess I’ve only bought like 10 different actual models. Sheesh LOL

Last edited:
I always love these photos for the same reason. I question myself for buying 20 or so pairs total per year, and 23mj88 23mj88 buys almost 50 pairs of AMs alone, plus everything else. 🤣
By my quick mental count, I think I’ve bought 22 pairs in 2020, and that includes two quadruple ups and two triple ups, and a double up. So I guess I’ve only bought like 10 different actual models. Sheesh LOL

I think I’m around 60ish pairs for the year. Most I’ve ever done in a year. Next year back to 20-25 pairs 😂

Think I’m about 10 pair deep this year (3xAM90 infra, AM90 royal, flyknit racers, few UBs), which is kinda high for me (guessing “regular” people prob only grab a pair or two per year).

Didn't even really realize it until closet space started getting tight. Then started to mentally add up the dollars (bad idea, I know)...

BUT recently looked at my spending this year, and what I spent on things like travel and going out is less than HALF versus 2019. Which is a little sad since lots businesses are struggling (still do a bunch of carry-out), but also made it easier to justify buying up all these sneaks. I’ll go even further and say buying shoes was almost like a form of entertainment in a way. Getting a few extra pairs this year helped with breaking up the quarantine/WFH monotony. Because each pair I bought also involved some digging around the internet and getting on Niketalk (which I kinda stopped doing over the last few years).

Thanks for the sense of community in such a weird year, bros.

Think I’m about 10 pair deep this year (3xAM90 infra, AM90 royal, flyknit racers, few UBs), which is kinda high for me (guessing “regular” people prob only grab a pair or two per year).

Didn't even really realize it until closet space started getting tight. Then started to mentally add up the dollars (bad idea, I know)...

BUT recently looked at my spending this year, and what I spent on things like travel and going out is less than HALF versus 2019. Which is a little sad since lots businesses are struggling (still do a bunch of carry-out), but also made it easier to justify buying up all these sneaks. I’ll go even further and say buying shoes was almost like a form of entertainment in a way. Getting a few extra pairs this year helped with breaking up the quarantine/WFH monotony. Because each pair I bought also involved some digging around the internet and getting on Niketalk (which I kinda stopped doing over the last few years).

Thanks for the sense of community in such a weird year, bros.
Rookie move to start adding up the cost of the sneakers you copped lol

but I feel the same way you do. Last year I barely bought any sneakers but 2020 I definitely copped a decent amount. Being stuck at home and watching the Last Dance reignited my love for Jordans again that I don’t think could’ve happened any other way

I don’t even want to know how many pairs I scooped up this year. :emoji_no_mouth:

Here’s the album of the documented ones lol
B5C64589-69C0-4FB5-BD11-7C073CCDB804.png

This doesn’t include the upper or sole donors for soleswap projects or the several shoes that I liked and scooped up SMH... I’m thinking +150-200??

I want to close out the year with the Grinch Kobe 6s and/or X Elite iDs. Next year, I’m keeping track on an excel spreadsheet lol!

Last edited:
I bought 86 sneakers so far, 60 of them are air maxes. Buying 3 more (1 beinging a double, so 4) before the year ends. The most I've ever bought in a year. I'm like 30% close to where I was with my last collection.
Screenshot_20201211-192014_Gallery.jpg

You wear or mostly stock?

Back
Top Bottom