The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
I have a question. Does Finishline get Lebron EXT models?

Ive never seen them on their website nor in their stores.

I wouldn't call a pair of shoes mass produced in the hundreds of thousands grails no matter what

roll.gif

Be it Kings Pride XIs, Bred IVs, or Legend Blue XIs. The term is thrown around too loosely. It's not about what he likes it's about the word being used wrong.

Grails should be extremely limited, rare shoes. You can have a FAVORITE shoe, but the reason why they're called a Grail is because of the rarity and difficulty in finding them. Total difference in the two definitions.

I wouldn't call a pair of shoes mass produced in the hundreds of thousands grails no matter what

roll.gif

Be it Kings Pride XIs, Bred IVs, or Legend Blue XIs. The term is thrown around too loosely. It's not about what he likes it's about the word being used wrong.

Grails should be extremely limited, rare shoes. You can have a FAVORITE shoe, but the reason why they're called a Grail is because of the rarity and difficulty in finding them. Total difference in the two definitions.
grails are whatever somebody wants them to be, just bcuz a legend blue isn't a grail for you doesn't mean it can't be for somebody else, take into consideration living conditions and monetary availability and shoes that are GR can become limited QS in the mind when I was in highschool AJXII bred were my grails, now that i'm grown and have a career and make a decent living my grails changed as i'm able to track down and get a grail or my taste changes

:lol: Grails have to be limited. My grails are some uptempos, they were released in the 90s and re-released in 2009 and went on sale. Doubled up for $50, greatest purchase I've made thus far.

Last edited:
Yea man... Columbia XIs were def one of my grails and so were the royal foams. Both are mass produced and in just fine with that.

But what do you call someone that only thinks super limited shoes are grails?

EXAMPLE:
some dude says his grails list consists of banned Is, don jordan 2s, Ray Allen 13, champ pack 9s, sugar ray 8s?

Grails are something you've been wanting forever but for some reason wasn't able to obtain. In MY case for retail.

Never understood how Grails could be something released about a year ago or in the case of Just Dons.... Last month. :rofl:

Columbia 11s could be Grails. They're my least fav 11 mid but before last year, the last release was in 2000 so...... Grails.

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/s...F06B36A0-AE3A-4F70-8DCC-AC64AECB9648.jpg.html

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/s...F4CF2AB3-18BD-453D-B484-001F554C9218.jpg.html

These were Grails for me. Ultramarine Lights cause for whatever reason Nike refused to release state-side until recently.

http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/s...6458692E-361D-400F-A84C-A96A49C5BA07.jpg.html

LUV them.... & local heads don't give a damn about them. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Last edited:
In my opinion seeing shoes as grails is a really personally thing.

Some of my shoes are grails to me, because I wanted them for a long time and finally got them. Or because of the circumstances under which you got them and what one connects with them.

To me it doesn't matter if a shoe is limited or hyped by the masses. As long as they are special to me I can consider them as a grail personally.

If you think grails are only limited shoes wouldn't that make you a hypebeast? I mean, you only think they're grails because of a limited tag, not because you like them.

If you think grails are only limited shoes wouldn't that make you a hypebeast? I mean, you only think they're grails because of a limited tag, not because you like them.
Read.

Grails should pertain to shoes that are hard to get. Because they're grails.

And I know way more hypebeasts that fiend over the holiday 11 releases than ones that are into Statue of Liberty dunks, for example.

I'm really beginning to wonder if you guys think the term Grail comes from Jay Z and not the whole "Jesus drank lean out of a cup that is really hard to find" story.

Point is: You can have a favorite shoe or a shoe that you really like, but your collection shouldn't be 40 "Grails". It should be that shoe you had to jump through extra hoops or search for years to find.

Jeez, a pair of Shady Milkman Prestos are my grails. But apparently I'm just a hypebeast
mean.gif
Quick to resort to insulting.

Last edited:

Read.
And I know way more hypebeasts that fiend over the holiday 11 releases than ones that are into Statue of Liberty dunks, for example.

You should read then because you pretty much said what 7 others have been saying.
Hard to get is in the eye of the beholder. Just because it's not hard to get for you, it doesn't mean it is for others.
Some people don't have that $200 it cost for the KP.

Read.
I think you should look up what grail means. It has two meanings, one being an item earnestly persued or sought after. Seeing that perusing an item doesn't pertain to it's limit that would make your whole analogy incorrect. Anything can be your grail, but in sneaker terms it's a favorite shoe you probably have had a hard time obtaining limited or not. If you had a favorite shoe as a child and it didn't release until 15 years later, that shoe could easily be your grail even if it was mass produced and went on sale.

Last edited:
5 hours 20 minutes ago
 Anything can be your grail, but in sneaker terms it's a favorite shoe you probably have had a hard time obtaining limited or not.
36 minutes ago

but im way wrong apparently

eyes.gif

Most of the shoes I consider grails are pairs I owned in my childhood and teen years that I have trouble finding now.

95% of what I treasure, no one else would give a damn about

...but strangely whenever I'm wearing a pair of J's I bought just because I get some kid asking me who my "connect" is :lol:

Buying stuff that warrants attention from others isn't really what makes it fun for me.

Sometimes I just wanna reminisce on the late 90's where I damn near wanted to wear the pair out the store.

Most of the shoes I consider grails are pairs I owned in my childhood and teen years that I have trouble finding now.

95% of what I treasure, no one else would give a damn about

...but strangely whenever I'm wearing a pair of J's I bought just because I get some kid asking me who my "connect" is :lol:

Buying stuff that warrants attention from others isn't really what makes it fun for me.

Sometimes I just wanna reminisce on the late 90's where I damn near wanted to wear the pair out the store.

This is also my definition

Back
Top Bottom