The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
These were everybody's grails till they became a GR lmao..

nike-lebron-11-what-the-lebron-1.jpg
This was Nike's most desperate attempt to sell out a shoe

Nike finally makes more pairs for the masses (what the) last year, and some how people complain about it ?

Nike barely mad any what the shoes prior to last year and people complained Nike doesn't make enough pairs...

Then you wonder why no one cares about what people say.

P.S - the 12s are an amazing shoe...

Nike finally makes more pairs for the masses (what the) last year, and some how people complain about it ?

Nike barely mad any what the shoes prior to last year and people complained Nike doesn't make enough pairs...

Then you wonder why no one cares about what people say.

P.S - the 12s are an amazing shoe...

Regardless of what people want to say about themselves ("I'm not a hypebeast etc...") I think there is a slight feeling of accomplishment or pride when people, who generally do like certain colorway that is limited like the WTL or even the 2K14, obtain said shoe in the midst of crazy bots, resellers, etc. They do their homework and pound the pavement to get what they want. So even though it was much easier to get the WTL's last year there are always going to be people who enjoy the exclusivity of having a certain shoe. It is what it is...I didn't pick up the WTL, and if I could find my size close to or below retail now I would cop, but I just haven't been able to really look, but I thought it was great that all who REALLY wanted the WTL were able to grab with relative ease. I like it when this hobby or culture is ACTUALLY about the hobby/culture...not bots, hype, or becoming "InstaFamous"... Just my $.02

I think there's a difference between a favorite shoe and one you really like in your collection than an actual grail shoe. Example the WTL11 is actually one of my favorite shoes in my collection. I was able to get them for retail on release date. But I could honestly also see that shoe being a grail in someone's collection too. We have to keep in mind that everyone that collects sneakers aren't in the same boat as a lot of us up here. Everyone doesn't have a massive shoe collection like a lot of us do up here either, or have they been collecting shoes for years. So for them a shoe doesn't have to be X amount of years old to be a grail, just a shoe they feel to be unique or special among they're own personal collection.

The only shoe I would call a grail in my collection currently is the Blake Griffin Galaxy Hyperdunk. I wanted that shoe for around 4 years I believe but the shoe never had a major release because BG left Nike to go to JB around the same time they dropped so the shoe wasn't mass produced like they would've been if he stayed with Nike and the resell was in the thousands. I remember seeing the pics of Blake's impression when he first received the shoe from Nike and the on foot pics Ty posted. So to finally own my own personal pair was a dream come true for me. When I was finally able to get the shoe last year for a "more reasonable price" ($900 :lol: ) I was so happy when I finally did. Some people look at them as just some Hyperdunk and ask why they're the grail of my collection. It's just that connection and memory for me.

So in some facets I can see how someone would say a shoe would have to be limited or rare to be considered a grail. Heck someone could consider those HTM Kobe X's that drooped this year or the MTM Jordan pack considering how rare the release where a grail seriously IMO. I don't personally feel a time frame is a qualifier. But if someone pulled out a basic pair of all white Air Force 1's they just bought from Champs and say they're their grail's, I would look at them a little side ways for a sec :lol: but then say it is what it is.

Also if a shoe is limited or a quick strike etc I don't feel that your a "hypebeast" (this term is so whack and dated to me) for seeing them as a grail either. Something of value or of limited productions from any type of product can be considered a grail. A rare Picasso painting, vintage watch, a Mont Blanc fountain pen are grail's to some other collectors, and they're not being called a grail because they like that item a lot. But because of the caliber, status and rarity of the item. This is all my personal opinion with some points for both sides of the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom