The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake getting credit for longstanding international genres popping here is a tradition I swear :lol:>D

Afrobeat artists were selling out shows in NA years before One Dance. **** really went international once they started collabing with UK artists regularly

This is nice you and the Martin character reminiscing about the old days,but those are exactly what they are the OLD DAYS.The fact is y’all ain’t done s_ since KD left and ain’t doing nothing going forward.Klay as the #2 coming off 2 major injuries ain’t changing that :lol:

🥱

This is from TODAY.

270BC6D0-5B26-4F17-BB3F-402258222682.jpeg

You talking about 2 seasons ago :lol:. That’s the old days!

Get with the program.

Drake getting credit for longstanding international genres popping here is a tradition I swear :lol:>D

Afrobeat artists were selling out shows in NA years before One Dance

Yes. Because Africans life in North America. Wiz kid and Davido himself will tell you that. Wale even talked about it.

I never heard Afrobeats on the hip hop station, until Drake introduced it. Shoot, they play Afro beats at “regular” clubs etc. it was never like that before, and you know it.

I know *****s hate it, but it’s FACTS.

Daddy Lumba was born born 30 years too early :smh:

I will say it is comical how upset Steven Curry makes folks. Lebbywinks thought he was going home with a younger version of Wade & Bosh at his side with the entire league dismantled.

The East was left completely destroyed because he joined Miami with the 2 top stars of the conference which negated Heat & Raptors from building a team that otherwise would've been built for a sustain run at that point. Injuries dismantled the Bulls. The Knciks are the Knicks. The Spurs won their last hurrah championship and there was no one lurking out West to pose a serious threat to his quest of chasing ghosts as his put it.

And then this guy showed up

200.gif

I would be upset too if I was him and his fanboys.

Yes. Because Africans life in North America. Wiz kid and Davido himself will tell you that. Wale even talked about it.

I never heard Afrobeats on the hip hop station, until Drake introduced it. Shoot, they play Afro beats at “regular” clubs etc. it was never like that before, and you know it.

I know *****s hate it, but it’s FACTS.

Daddy Lumba was born born 30 years too early :smh:
I dunno man :lol:, went to a sold out wizkid show here 2 years before Views and the scene had been bumping heavy for a while

Depends on the area but Francophone and Nigerian Afrobeat artists had been popping over here since it really exploded worldwide in France and the UK about a decade ago.

That's basically how Drake got put on to the sound then started co-signing and collabing with some of the biggest names in the genre afterwards

Last edited:
antidope antidope You went to the holiday market fair today in office?

They really need to follow what MS is doing and reconsider RTO. This borderline hazardous.
Nah I'm home today, I don't feel well and my COVID test for the week still hasn't come back yet so I didnt want to chance it.

Yeah man... We're going back to masks everywhere even at the desk and it just feels like we should be home at this point. Over ten people on my floor that I know of had COVID within the last week, but its still the same old "We arent telling you to come in.... But come in" rhetoric.

I will say it is comical how upset Steven Curry makes folks. Lebbywinks thought he was going home with a younger version of Wade & Bosh at his side with the entire league dismantled.

The East was left completely destroyed because he joined Miami with the 2 top stars of the conference which negated Heat & Raptors from building a team that otherwise would've been built for a sustain run at that point. Injuries dismantled the Bulls. The Knciks are the Knicks. The Spurs won their last hurrah championship and there was no one lurking out West to pose a serious threat to his quest of chasing ghosts as his put it.

And then this guy showed up

200.gif

I would be upset too if I was him and his fanboys.

1639600488969.jpeg

This moment single handily is responsible for those expectations. And seeing a man who's half Lebron's size knock him out 3 times....makes you realize just how beloved Goliath is.

Last edited:
Nah I'm home today, I don't feel well and my COVID test for the week still hasn't come back yet so I didnt want to chance it.

Yeah man... We're going back to masks everywhere even at the desk and it just feels like we should be home at this point. Over ten people on my floor that I know of had COVID within the last week, but its still the same old "We arent telling you to come in.... But come in" rhetoric.

Insane how this is playing out over there. You'd think that old-school culture would've phased out by now, but I guess those old partners still have a lot of say. Please stay safe.

No. They already beat LeBron without KD :lol:

Y’all really make it seem like the 2016 Cavs…dominated the 2016 Pre-KD warriors or something

:lol:
:smh:

Right and that's when Kyrie and Love was both out and it still took the warriors to comeback from down 2-1 to win that series. Salute to Steph for his career and breaking that record but let's tell all the facts.

Insane how this is playing out over there. You'd think that old-school culture would've phased out by now, but I guess those old partners still have a lot of say. Please stay safe.
They'll see what happens come February. Gen Z isn't putting up with this nonsense. They're not even doing the annual firing this year cause they're scared so many people are gonna quit.

The way they went about this never made any sense. We were the last to get sent home, first to come back, got no stipends when everyone else was getting them, they haven't raised comp when everyone else has. I'm chilling but I know a lot of people who are fed up.

I dunno man :lol:, went to a sold out wizkid show here 2 years before Views and the scene had been bumping heavy for a while

Depends on the area but Francophone and Nigerian Afrobeat artists had been popping over here since it really exploded worldwide in France and the UK about a decade ago.

That's basically how Drake got put on to the sound then started co-signing and collating with some of the biggest names in the genre afterwards

Im in DC. Hella Africans. Afrobeats was pretty much reserved for the African clubs/events.

Now, it’s all mixed in. And pretty much mainstream.

Drake had a hand in that for sure in North America. Its just being real.

That's basically how Drake got put on to the sound then started co-signing and collating with some of the biggest names in the genre afterwards

Especially France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom