The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nfl has games on christmas this year, right? silver probably was not happy when the nfl came out with the schedule

The NBA really needs to get it together, and start the season on or after X-Mas. It really does make the most sense. They would no longer have to compete with the NFL during the fall. And when they do, it would only be for a couple of months. Season would probably end somewhere around July-August. And the fans would have something to watch in the Summer, besides baseball.

The whole concern over ratings is bogus IMO. The playoffs would most likely begin in the summer as well. I doubt people would not watch. Has there been any numbers out for ratings in the Bubble?

The NBA really needs to get it together, and start the season on or after X-Mas. It really does make the most sense. They would no longer have to compete with the NFL during the fall. And when they do, it would only be for a couple of months. Season would probably end somewhere around July-August. And the fans would have something to watch in the Summer, besides baseball.

The whole concern over ratings is bogus IMO. The playoffs would most likely begin in the summer as well. I doubt people would not watch. Has there been any numbers out for ratings in the Bubble?
Believe the ratings were bad from the bubble, but all sports ratings were down. But that spooked the league nonetheless.

Think the players and fans like their summer vacation too much to change the schedule.

Been a minority since 1985.

A man almost died last night playing for the chargers. Kelce was clearly concussed too. Football is cool in doses.

That's a personal opinion you have, and I can respect it. Honestly, I used to love the NBA over the NFL. As I got to be older, I started to pay more attention to the NFL than the NBA. But it was refreshing to see what the GSW/Steph has done for the league/game. I'd still choose to watch a football game over basketball, unless it's a marquee matchup.

Believe the ratings were bad from the bubble, but all sports ratings were down. But that spooked the league nonetheless.

Think the players and fans like their summer vacation too much to change the schedule.

Yeah, I get it. But there needs to be some sort of controlled data/analysis before they discontinue this option all together. Players right now are saying they want to retain their summer vacations, but I believe a lot of that is attributed to not wanting to deal with change. Most of these guys end up moving out to SoCal anyway during the offseason, not like the weather drastically changes. If anything, It should be more comfortable for them to be chillin out in SoCal during the months of Sept-Nov.

We are the loud minority!!

Oh, I'm very aware of this. Especially being in THIS thread :emoji_joy:

nahh man ahahah smh

kids out here really doing the Ishowspeed dance LOLOL

I had a few of my students do that dance at the end of class a few weeks ago. I have an inclusive classroom so I even offered to record the tik tok for them.

I am a proud ally.

I also do not care much about the NFL. Tried to get into it again when the Rams came back to LA but it didn’t take. Bores me.

I got league pass. Don’t change the schedule. Don’t care about the NFL. I was watching pacers/pistons last night
can’t put it any better than that.

Salary cap continues to rise, we’re approaching $50M annual deals. That’s the only thing that really matters here if you’re talking about the financial success of the league.

BRI starts stagnating then you can play around with the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom