The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you got something missing on the list. when they Win, it's because of Lebron. when they lose, it's the others fault. also, trade people.
A hidden narrative old as time, nobody in the media wants to admit. Dude gets his numbers only to say it isn’t me. Tons of greats have said you can affect the game in other ways than scoring. Spurs. SPURS. Really put up 138. I don’t even think championship Spurs we’re putting up 138 a night. Dude came off the bench for the Spurs having a career night. No defense to be spoken.

Craziest part about tonight is, after getting blasted by 28...bron hops on ig and posts all his highlights in his story. he had to have been doing it while he was in the shower. it was like instantaneous to the game ending lmao

cant make this up.

bruh really just be on social like

1640344145395.png
Naw you LYIN. Tell me LeBronze ain’t do that. How dudes still defending dude.

Pro athletes are by far the most overpaid profession. Watching sports has always been a good chunk of my life and still is but I cant deny this. You could pay these guys a fraction of what they make and they would still choose it over almost every other way to make a living. Just hard to see people not able to afford Healthcare, clothes, food, certain neighborhoods kept in certain conditions, while folks are given generational wealth to do something that contributes so little to society. Random rant over.

The real problem is, dude only knows how to play one way. Heliocentric Bron ball. Their best offense is Bron/Ellington P&R. But they sacrifice that on the defensive end. It’s the Bron/Korver 2018 **** all over again.

He’s Going to keep piling up stats, giving zero effort on defense, not boxing out, losing and everybody else will get the blame….while he gets praised for “carrying” and “doing it all by himself” in losses. And they will just point to the raw stats and say……. “See!”

Except this isn’t the Eastern Conference anymore. So it’s either a missed playoff or early exit.

The Westbrook **** was predictably bad. Anybody who’s watched Russ since 2017 knows how this was ultimately going to go.

That team looks even more lifeless without AD. His defensive presence is the only thing that kept things somewhat close. Without him, it’s evident No excuse for Kieta Bates Diop to go 11/11 from the field on the road for 30 points…while LeBron, Russ and a bunch of other vets/hall of famers are on the court.

Really sad that Melo has to go down with this sinking ship, too.

They forgot the step where he trades half of his "brothers" away

Pro athletes are by far the most overpaid profession. Watching sports has always been a good chunk of my life and still is but I cant deny this. You could pay these guys a fraction of what they make and they would still choose it over almost every other way to make a living. Just hard to see people not able to afford Healthcare, clothes, food, certain neighborhoods kept in certain conditions, while folks are given generational wealth to do something that contributes so little to society. Random rant over.
Gotta somewhat disagree. These guys used to have heart and care about the game. Now it’s all about securing the bag. Once they get paid there’s a quality drop off.

This is a horrible take

Corporate executives are the most overpaid profession. Not athletes. If anything most of them are underpaid relative to the value they generate.

The real problem is, dude only knows how to play one way. Heliocentric Bron ball. Their best offense is Bron/Ellington P&R. But they sacrifice that on the defensive end. It’s the Bron/Korver 2018 **** all over again.

He’s Going to keep piling up stats, giving zero effort on defense, not boxing out, losing and everybody else will get the blame….while he gets praised for “carrying” and “doing it all by himself” in losses. And they will just point to the raw stats and say……. “See!”

Except this isn’t the Eastern Conference anymore. So it’s either a missed playoff or early exit.

The Westbrook **** was predictably bad. Anybody who’s watched Russ since 2017 knows how this was ultimately going to go.

That team looks even more lifeless without AD. His defensive presence is the only thing that kept things somewhat close. Without him, it’s evident No excuse for Kieta Bates Diop to go 11/11 from the field on the road for 30 points…while LeBron, Russ and a bunch of other vets/hall of famers are on the court.

Really sad that Melo has to go down with this sinking ship, too.

All of this is why I suggested the other day that, even if all the noise about Lebby wanting to go back to the Cavs is accurate, it should not at all be a no-brainer for the Cavs to want him. At least from a purely basketball perspective.

Sucks for the unfortunate but coming for professional athletes money and not the people that pay them is wild. Especially when they are the likely the ones giving back

Gotta somewhat disagree. These guys used to have heart and care about the game. Now it’s all about securing the bag. Once they get paid there’s a quality drop off.
I remember the time where teams/players fight hard to win every game. it was amazing. now, we are left with players flexing themselves on every play or going for triple doubles.

Love to see it, Lakers going out SAD.

60F11E2A-F25A-4782-9DE8-CA4FEEA9190A.png
All about narrative, don’t try and spin it they depleted. They had LeBron, Melo, Howard, WestBrook, Jordan, THT, Ellington, Thomas. Except for Thomas guys who been there since training camp. They let a BAD Spurs team destroy a LeBron lead Laker team.
it's about leadership. you can have all the tools around you, but if you don't know how to utilize them efficiently, they are pretty much useless. it's even worse now considering Lebron is a has-been.

Sucks for the unfortunate but coming for professional athletes money and not the people that pay them is wild. Especially when they are the likely the ones giving back
what is even worse is the expenditures. all for selfish reasons and ending up broke. do I feel bad for them? not even a bit. PiP for example even if he's my favorite player is a scumbag that can't even afford to tip people. Haven't seen majority of athletes do real charity work.

So the white owners pay them a fraction of what they get paid now, and then what. It’s going to all of a sudden solve the health crisis and hunger…

Weird energy in this post

what is even worse is the expenditures. all for selfish reasons and ending up broke. do I feel bad for them? not even a bit. PiP for example even if he's my favorite player is a scumbag that can't even afford to tip people. Haven't seen majority of athletes do real charity work.

Nah they do work. Everything isn’t publicized though. Name a current guy then google him

Big Yikes at this post.

The Lakers are a complete ****show, but despite that Lebby has been making them money hand over fist. And while he has made hundreds of millions of dollars in his career the argument can still be made that he is underpaid given all the money he generates for NBA owners and the league as a whole.

This post sounds like one of THOSE rants from THEM.

The undertones are nastee. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom