The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcer saw his dad play in DC back in their day.

He’s definitely about to get cancelled now that LeBron “student of the game” came after him tho. :lol:
Except the Kevin Porter who played for the bullets in the 70s and 80s isn't related to KPJ. He's old enough to be KPJ's Grandfater.

do you mean held accountable

We can do that too. Basketball vernacular has always seemed to have gun references. Obviously a reflection of America’s infatuation with gun culture. Let’s change the language.

“Pulled the trigger” gets used on a nightly basis. Like we’re in the wild Wild West. I’m all down for a change.

Some nights even good teams just don’t have it. Last night seems to have been one of those games for the Warriors - all of them. If they turn in a few more clunkers like that in a relatively short time span, then there may be cause for concern.

But just losing to the Mavs in Dallas on Dirk night isn’t reason any Dubs supporters should panic.

*Edit - notwithstanding the foregoing, Steph being 2-19 from 3 his last two games is, um, not great.

Last edited:
We can do that too. Basketball vernacular has always seemed to have gun references. Obviously a reflection of America’s infatuation with gun culture. Let’s change the language.

“Pulled the trigger” gets used on a nightly basis. Like we’re in the wild Wild West. I’m all down for a change.
Quarterbacks are gunslingers.

Too many fire rap punchlines out there about basketball/gun metaphors. Andrei Kirilenko/Austin Reeves..

Guns and sports are going nowhere.

Quarterbacks are gunslingers.

Too many fire rap punchlines out there about basketball/gun metaphors. Andrei Kirilenko/Austin Reeves..

Guns and sports are going nowhere.

And that sucks. I’d be nice to change that or at least attempt to.

Except the Kevin Porter who played for the bullets in the 70s and 80s isn't related to KPJ. He's old enough to be KPJ's Grandfater.
KPJR pops did used to hoop at the same high school yo went to as well, had a big impact on him so yea coulda been a coincidence or the announcer was really wildin …But yea probly woulda been safe just go stay away from that reference regarding him

It's hilarious when people don't speak up on a clearly ill-designed product and then it's revealed and everyone points it out anyways

Like at least one person involved knew it looked like anal beads. Just say it and avoid the embarrassment of everyone else saying it when it's finally revealed

Yo dude was describing his 12 yr old daughter who was run over in their driveway and therefore deceased and the other announcer, interrupts while reacting to a dunk, "Was she run over like THAT?!"

I rarely condone violence but I condone violence in said scenario, dude would be picking his face up off the floor

clyde the glide clyde the glide look at your boi

Dude can play shot ain't that pretty but it's money. That Lowry tech was ridiculous. Would have been well within his rights to pull an ab

Dirk's statue reminds of that Cristiano Ronaldo one :smh:

Dirk's statue is bad.
I don't think it's THIS bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-airport-statue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom